Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 4.99 shipping
+ CDN$ 4.99 shipping
Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? - Kinect Required - Xbox 360 Standard Edition
- True-to-TV Game Show Experience: Based on the new and excitingly unpredictable "shuffle" format of randomized questions seen on the hit TV game show.
- Game Modes: Single Player: Challenge your own score! Multiplayer Party Mode: 2 players play simultaneously (2 players locally)
- The Kinect for Xbox 360, No Controller Required: Play the game (just as you would on the TV show) by answering with your voice, or gesture with your hand to select an answer.
- Xbox LIVE Avatars: Place yourself in the hot seat by using the avatar you've created on Xbox LIVE to represent yourself in-game.
- Platform: Xbox 360
- ESRB Rating: Everyone 10+
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? is based on the wildly popular Emmy Award winning TV game show of the same name, which debuted in 1999 and has been in syndication in the US since September 2002. "Is that your final answer?" has become a popular catchphrase. You take the hot seat in the all-new Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? game. Win $1,000,000 by correctly answering 15 multiple choice questions (each worth an increasing amount of money). Just like on TV, players can seek help for stumper questions through lifelines like "Ask the Audience" or "Jump a Question." Can you stand the pressure, or will you walk away?
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The Kinect controls are unnecessary but work well. Saying the answers worked great for me, and confirming my Final Answer via voice was fun.
It's the new 2010 set rendered in full glory. Initially, the camera starts out with a pan just like the show, but then just stays fixed on your avatar the whole game.
Clearly the developers haven't seen the actual show, because this plays more like the Facebook game than the actual show. The dollar values are incorrect on the questions, and the lifelines are not correct. Instead of having all three lifelines available when you start the game, you only get 2 "Jump the Question" lifelines in round one, then you get "Ask the Audience" in round two. It's such a no brainer that Millionaire allows all three lifelines from the start of the game, they must have copied this from the code for the Facebook game.
The 'host' is bland and boring, and at this price - they should have licensed Meredith to host the video game. The audio cues are all wrong, and commonly overlap - creating a messy sounding game that has me reaching for the remote to turn it up and down.
Overall, as a person who loves the show, I can't recommend the game. It's clearly rushed, and no production value was put into it.
What's the point of a "Game Show" game, when I can't even play the same game I see on TV? Play the free Facebook game instead, it's more fun.
The game also lets you select answers via voice which is really all the game needs, but even this is destroyed. I figured I'd be able to sit on the couch and select answers with my voice, but the motion controls are CONSTANTLY getting in the way. 80% of the time I sit down it tells me to stand back up so the Kinect can recognize me (and there's no way to disable the motion controls and just use voice as far as I can tell). The other 20% of the time it lets me sit down and play with voice, the motion controls think my hands are erratically moving around and the game ends up selecting random answers. Oh, and if you're sitting and someone else happens to walk into frame (just beside you, not even in front of you), the game instantly gets confused and needs you to stand back up to identify yourself again. It's ridiculously frustrating for something that should be so simple.
Oh, and since it's a Kinect game it doesn't seem to allow you to select answers with your controller either, so you're either stuck with pointless motion controls or voice controls that are absolutely crippled by the motion controls. Oh and if you're playing two player, you can forget about using voice controls as that's not supported.
The game itself is alright, even though the format doesn't seem very true to the real game. The host that's never seen is fairly lifeless and your avatar doesn't do much. I paid $20 for the game and I truly feel I overpaid by about $15. This game is crippled by a poor control scheme, and that's an insane thing to say for as something as simple as a trivia game. Microsoft created a technological wonder with the Kinect and its sad to see games like this utilizing it in such a poor manner.