- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Why, Lord?: Suffering and Evil in Black Theology Paperback – Oct 1 1999
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"The book is thought-provoking, schematic, and theologically unsettling. Not since William R. Jones' Is God A White Racist? Has the theodical problem been so central to the critique of African-American theology and ethics."
Victor Anderson, Religious Studies Review, January 2002
"By challenging some of the most cherished theological beliefs to emerge within black Christian communities, Pinn encourages us to extend the range of our religious world views and embrace black cultural expressions that have been ignored and despised ... This book marks the debut of an important and exciting new voice in black religious thought."--Sanford Lakoff
About the Author
Anthony B. Pinn is Agnes Cullen Arnold Professor of Humanities, Professor of Religious Studies, and Director of the Center for Engaged Research and Collaborative Learning (CERCL) at Rice University, USA
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Theology
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology > Religion
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Special Groups > African-American Studies
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Other Religions, Practices & Sacred Texts > African American
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Religious Studies > Sociology
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Religious Studies > Theology > Black Theology