- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Why Music Moves Us Hardcover – Apr 28 2009
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'Combining philosophy, psychology, and music history, Why Music Moves Us is a remarkable multidisciplinary achievement. Bicknell offers a fresh take on the emotional power of music by exploring a neglected but vital element of the Romantic aesthetic: the musical sublime'
- Theodore Gracyk, author of Rhythm and Noise and Listening to Popular Music
'For Bicknell, who fully understands music's ability to arouse and represent emotions, music is of moral benefit in educating them' - Times Literary Supplement
'...a more collaborative approach to understanding music...' British Journal of Asthetics
About the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Performing Arts > Dance
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Cognitive
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > History & Criticism
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Musical Genres > Classical > Scores > Forms & Genres > Ballet & Dance
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Theory, Composition & Performance > Appreciation
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Theory, Composition & Performance > Theory
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Performing Arts > Dance
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy > Aesthetics
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy > Consciousness & Thought