- Save 15% on all books purchases. Enter code PROMO15 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Why We Buy: The Science of Shopping--Updated and Revised for the Internet, the Global Consumer, and Beyond Paperback – Dec 30 2008
Back to University 2016
Save on College Prep Essentials on Amazon.ca. Shop now
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"At last, here is a book that gives this underrated skill the respect it deserves." -- The New York Times
" Thanks, Mr. Underhill, for explaining in clear and witty prose why my shopping habits are not all that crazy. Now, please tell my wife!" -- Bob Gale, writer/producer, Back to the Future trilogy
"I'm in love. And if I didn't have a devoted husband, two kids and a crushing mortgage, I swear I'd throw caution to the wind and run away with Paco Underhill...fascinating." -- Rocky Mountain News (Denver)
"Why We Buy is a funny and insightful book for people on both sides of the retail counter." -- Michael Gould, CEO, Bloomingdale's
About the Author
Paco Underhill is the founder and CEO of Envirosell, Inc. His clients include Microsoft, McDonald's, adidas, and Estee Lauder. He is a regular contributor to The Wall Street Journal and The New York Times. He lives in New York City.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The first chapter is just a sales pitch for his firm, as are many pages throughout the book
This would be better as a video documentary than a book, as you have to visualize most of what he's talking about
He's somewhat insulting to the various demographic groups he talks about, particularly men and old people.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > E-commerce > Internet Marketing
- Books > Business & Investing > Marketing & Sales > Consumer Behaviour
- Books > Business & Investing > Marketing & Sales > Marketing > Research
- Books > Computers & Technology > History & Culture > Web Marketing
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Anthropology > Cultural
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Marketing & Sales > Consumer Behaviour
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Marketing & Sales > Marketing > Research
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Marketing & Sales > Marketing > Web Marketing