Wi-Fi Security Paperback – Jan 22 2003
|New from||Used from|
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
COMPLETE COVERAGE OF THE TECHNOLOGY THAT’S MAKING WIRELESS COMMUNICATIONS VIRTUALLY IMMUNE TO HACKERS!
Wireless technology offers businesses a world of strategic advantages — and a host of security problems. But thanks to McGraw-Hill’s WiFi Security, your company’s mission-critical data can be safeguarded, even against hackers intent on exploiting vulnerabilities in your business’s network brought on by wireless communications.
Written with insight by a leading wireless security expert, WiFi Security:
* Deals explicitly with wireless security for Windows 2000/XP, MAC OS X, Linux, Lindows OS, Palm OS, and PocketPC platforms
* Reviews security approaches for the different standards currently competing for the U. S. market
* Addresses data compromise, unauthorized access, and denial of service — all critical to WLAN users
* Covers the 802.11 IEEE standard with regard to security, performance, and throughput
* Discusses encryption and privacy through the Wireless Equivalent Privacy (WEP) protocol
* And much, much more!
About the Author
Stewart S. Miller has more than a decade of highly specialized technical security and privacy expertise. He has published 11 books in the computer field and over 1000 feature articles. Miller is the country's leading IT security and efficiency management expert. Known best as an executive senior consultant, Stewart has created market analysis/research for hundreds of leading Fortune 500 companies. Stewart has worked with major organizations including IBM and Ernst & Young; he is very well-known for his expertise with complex enterprise systems including SAP, J.D. Edwards, Baan, and PeopleSoft. He has demonstrated his leadership and communication skills as the keynote lecturer for the IBM/SAP Partnership and literally wrote the book on SAP R/3 Certification. Mr. Miller is known to be “the” industry leader as an efficiency expert in both science and technology because he has collectively saved his clients and users of his materials hundreds of millions of dollars. He is also an IBM Certified IT Security Consultant, charter member of the National Association of Science Writers, and has certifications in every module of SAP and PeopleSoft.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
More disappointing than the author's performance is the editors' poor performance. McGraw-Hill should be embarrassed by their involvement in this piece of work. The author is quite fond of "due to the fact that" and other flagrant poor usage. Additionally a good technical review would have caught the poor organization and inconsistencies of the book.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > E-commerce
- Books > Computers & Technology > Certification Central > Exams > Security+
- Books > Computers & Technology > Computer Science
- Books > Computers & Technology > History & Culture > Privacy
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Network Security
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Networks, Protocols & APIs > LAN
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Networks, Protocols & APIs > Networks
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Wireless Networks
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics > Digital Design
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics > Electricity Principles
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics > Electronics
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Telecommunications
- Books > Science & Math
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Networking