- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The Will: Volume 2, A Dual Aspect Theory Hardcover – Aug 11 2008
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'Brian O'Shaughnessy is one of the best philosophers in England ... He has worked by himself largely outside of contemporary philosophical society, and these wild and wonderful volumes reveal with what intensity and on what a scale he has worked ... A good philosopher must find his obsession, and it will drive him for the rest of his life ... O'Shaughnessy's obsession has been with the most intimate of those relations in which the self stands to the physical or 'external' world; its relation to that part of the physical world which it can move directly and of which it has immediate awareness - the body ... The result is a theory of mind and body much richer than anything Wittgenstein would have allowed himself. With its strong personality and wonderful flights of language ... the book is accessible to anyone with a taste for sustained philosophical argument and plenty of time.' Thomas Nagel, The Times Literary Supplement
The phenomenon of action in which the mind moves the body has puzzled philosophers over the centuries. In this new edition of a classic work of analytical philosophy, Brian O'Shaughnessy investigates bodily action and attempts to resolve some of the main problems.See all Product Description
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > By Topic > Will
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Cognitive
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy > Ethics & Morality
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy > Free Will & Determinism
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Religious Studies > Theology
- Books > Self-Help > Motivational
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Philosophy