Winchester Divided Hc Hardcover – Jul 2002
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Michael G. Mahon, a native of Huntingon Station, New York, earned his B.A. at the State University of New York at Stony Brook and his M.A. at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. The author of several articles on the Civil War, he also wrote "The Shenandoah Valley, 1861-1865: The Destruction of the Granary of the Confederacy" (081171540X).
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Winchester has always been careful to preserve its history. So, it's fun being able to read about the locations in this book and say, "Yeah, I know that house. It's still there."
It also gives an excellent insight into how life was during the war, through the words of two young women who were on the scene.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Historical > United States > Civil War > Military Leaders
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Specific Groups > Women
- Books > Education & Reference > Genealogy > United States > Virginia
- Books > History > Americas > United States > 19th Century
- Books > History > Americas > United States > Civil War
- Books > History > Military > United States > Civil War
- Books > History > United States > 19th Century
- Books > History > United States > Civil War