Windows Phone 7 Application Development: 24 Hour Trainer Paperback – Mar 8 2011
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Get started building apps for the newest Windows Phone technology
Windows Phone 7 has nearly everything you've ever dreamed of in a phoneand once you wake up, you can start creating apps for it with this invaluable book-and-DVD package. The pedagogical style walks you through the process of developing apps using Microsoft's Visual Studio® 2010 and Expression Blend® or the free Windows Phone Developer tools. Working examples throughout the book are reinforced on the DVD so you can gain a solid understanding of the features, capabilities, and architecture of Windows Phone 7, putting you well on your way to building Windows Phone 7 applications with confidence.
Windows Phone 7 Application Development 24-Hour Trainer:
Details how to build and test your app using Windows Phone Emulator
Reviews Windows Phone navigation and user interface controls
Teaches you ways to use transforms and animations
Explains how to market your apps via the Windows Phone Marketplace
Addresses techniques for using screen rotations, auto sizing, and phone tasks
Pares down the essentials of working with data and media files
Spells out how to secure your application's data
Wrox guides are crafted to make learning programming languages and technologies easier than you think. Written by programmers for programmers, they provide a structured, tutorial format that will guide you through all the techniques involved.
On the DVD
Don't just learndo!
The lessons within the book are each accompanied by an instructional demonstration on the DVDover 3 hours of video tutorials!
You'll learn to:
Get and install the development tools
Create a new project
Add a control to the main XAML page
Navigate between pages
Set a control's properties
Improve the user experience by specifying input scope
Manage user settings
Create a proxy client
Access web services
Understand isolated storage
Use GPS and the Accelerometer
Please see the DVD appendix for details and complete system requirements.
About the Author
Brian Faucher is an SDET in Microsoft's Online Services division and has developed applications for nearly 20 years. While at Microsoft, he has worked on FrontPage 2000, SQL Server 2005, Windows Product Activation, Real Time Communicator, XBox Live, and Global Criminal Compliance.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Microsoft > Development > .NET
- Books > Computers & Technology > Mobile Phones, Tablets & E-Readers > Handheld & Mobile Devices
- Books > Computers & Technology > Mobile Phones, Tablets & E-Readers > Programming & App Development
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Internet, Groupware, & Telecommunications > Internet App Development
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Development
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics > Electronics
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems