Winning the Food Fight: Every Parent's Guide to Raising a Healthy, Happy Child Paperback – Mar 31 2003
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
"Helping our children to eat wisely is all-important, especially becuase they are subject to so many commercial pressures to make unhealthy food choices. Dr. Joey Shulman combines the most accurate, scientific information on nutrition and health with practical advice for parents concerned about their children's well-being. I recommend this book highly."--Dr. Andrew Weil, bestselling author of Eating Well for Optimum Health
You want to give your child the best start, the best food, but you're not sure where to begin. If you've thrown up your hands in nutritional bewilderment, look no further! Winning the Food Fight is the ultimate resource for every frustrated parent. Packed with tips on how to transition your kids from a fat-laden, sugar-sweet diet to a natural, nutritious way of eating, this book is one of the greatest gifts you can give your children. From achieving optimal health to feeding a child suffering from obesity, ear infectious or attention deficit disorder, Winning the Food Fight offers all the nutritional answers. Sensible advice from Dr. Joey Shulman, a nutritionist who works with kids daily, can get your family on the right track.
- How parental attitudes toward food can shape a family's eating habits
- Simple plans every family can implement to improve their health
- All about carbs and kids - what's good and what's bad for your growing child
- The powerful link between common childhood ailments and nutrition.
- Delicious, nutritious recipes and food plans for families on the go
- Healthy alternatives to your children's favorite foods
- How you can deal with ADD and ADHD by modifying your child's diet
- All this, and much, much more
Start today with Winning the Food Fight. It may be the most important food choice you'll ever make for your kids
About the Author
Dr. Joey Shulman is chiropractor and registered holistic nutritionist with an honours degree in psychology. Due to her passion for nutrition and wellness, she has devoted all of her writing, speaking engagements and clinical work to the furthering of nutritional education. As an authority on paediatric nutrition, she is highly sought after as a speaker and has published several articles on children's diet and its link to health. From fussy eaters to the allergic child, Dr. Shulman provides easy to implement, healthy changes that can be made in any home on any budget. Dr. Shulman had made numerous television and radio appearances across Canada and is keynote speaker lecturing on how to optimize health and wellness through a wholesome diet.
She currently practices in Toronto where she resides with her family.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
It's a great resource for busy working or not working parents who want to get their kid on with a good start in life.
I also highly recommend her other book The Natural Makeover Diet, which is also written in the same easy to read language.
Both books provide great explanation about healthy nutrition, what happens in the body, and gives great tools to live a healthy life. No diets, it's an education for life.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Exercise & Fitness
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Nutrition
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Pediatrics
- Books > Medical Books > Nursing > Nutrition
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Family Health
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Parenting > Babies & Toddlers > Child Development
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Parenting > Health & Nutrition
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Special Topics > Nutrition
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Pediatrics