Winter Blues, Revised Edition: Everything You Need to Know to Beat Seasonal Affective Disorder Paperback – Sep 21 2005
There is a newer edition of this item:
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Dr. Rosenthal, a pioneering researcher who helped put seasonal depression on the map, is a also a gifted teacher and storyteller. What do simple algae, hibernating animals, and humans have in common? They all have internal rhythms that respond to the seasons. Follow Dr. Rosenthal as he explores the latest science and treatment of seasonal depression, illustrated with fascinating anecdotes and stories and delivered in his compulsively readable and eloquent style."--Richard A. Friedman, MD, Department of Psychiatry, Weill Medical College of Cornell University
"Winter Blues is a wonderful book. It is deeply knowledgeable from a scientific perspective, as one would expect from one of the world's leading authorities on mood disorders, but it is also a delight to read. Dr. Rosenthal writes beautifully about the human side of the seasons and our profound beholdenness to light, while at the same time providing an invaluable guide to handling the seasonal depressions that affect so many individuals."--Kay Redfield Jamison, PhD, author of An Unquiet Mind and Exuberance
"Wonderfully written and full of vital information by an unequaled expert on the subject. I wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone who, like myself, has the winter blues. Read and heed Dr. Rosenthal's advice. It can change your life."--Jean Carper, columnist, USA Weekend, and author of Miracle Cures
"The light therapy that Dr. Rosenthal recommends has made life worth living during December, January, February, and March for 14 years. I take care of my family, feel like a valuable person, and am a productive professional. Now his new chapter, 'Winter Light,' gives me a recipe for celebrating those once-dreaded months."--LaDonna Green Bates, MSW
About the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Rosenthal writes in a way that keeps your interest high and gives you a summary of the latest research. Wise advice on a shiny silver platter (to mangle a proverb).
Dr. Rosenthal seems to be a good guy. His wisdom, humor and compassion are reflected in his books. I doubt you will be dissapointed!
By the way, I didn't come to this page to review the book - I came to buy it after reading someone else's copy. (Here comes winter!)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Mental Health > Emotions
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Mental Health > Mood Disorders
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Aging > Depression
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > By Topic > Emotions
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Psychotherapy, TA & NLP
- Books > Medical Books > Nursing > Psychiatric
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Social Work
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Nursing > Psychiatric
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Mental Health
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Nursing > Clinical > Psychiatric
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology