Wishes and Worries: Coping with a Parent Who Drinks Too Much Alcohol Hardcover – Aug 9 2011
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
CAMH is Canada’s largest mental health and addiction teaching hospital. CAMH combines clinical care, research, education, policy development, and health promotion to help transform the lives of people affected by mental health and addiction issues.
Lars Rudebjer has worked as an illustrator since 1989. He has illustrated over thirty-five children’s books, and he has been published in ten countries. He has illustrated postcards, comic strips, and board games, CD games for children, and a collection of pictures for IKEA. Lars lives in Fredrikstad, Norway, with his wife and three children.
From the Canadian Children's Book Centre
Children of parents who drink too much alcohol are affected in many ways. They may experience anger, fear, confusion and guilt. They will want to know if it’s their fault, if their parent can get better and if one day they, too, will drink too much. This reassuring book, written by professionals, offers information in the form of a storybook about one family’s struggle. This book is a valuable resource for any adult working with a child in a similar situation.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
What I liked is how the book pictures the problems and sadness that help kids to realize that they are not alone, they are other kids who badly live the same reality. it brakes with the isolation feeling.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Difficult Discussions > Drugs
- Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Family Life > Parents
- Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Fiction
- Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Friendship, Social Skills & School Life > Emotions & Feelings
- Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Health > Substance Abuse
- Books > Teens > Social Issues > Drug Use & Abuse > Fiction
- Books > Teens > Social Issues > Drug Use & Abuse > Nonfiction