The Woman's Retreat Book Paperback – Mar 20 1997
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Jennifer Louden, author of The Woman's Comfort Book, gives women a do-it-yourself guide for creating solitude. Because women tend to nurture relationships more than they nurture themselves, it is often a challenge for women to carve out the space and time they need for private renewal and reflection. Louden offers women inspiration and specific advice on how to retreat within their own homes, as well as how to create rejuvenating weekends and vacations. She even devotes a full chapter to the most pivotal stage of any retreat--the successful re-entry into home, family, and community.
From Library Journal
Louden (The Woman's Comfort Book, HarperSanFrancisco, 1992) has written a how-to book for women interested in getting in touch with themselves and working on specific issues by using a retreat format. She points out that a retreat is an attitude, not a specific place, and that it can last from less than an hour to several days. Lots of lists and cross references are provided to carefully plan and select the right ingredients for a successful retreat. This practical guide to an increasingly popular subject will be useful in public libraries where self-help and women's psychology titles are in demand.?Marguerite Mroz, Baltimore Cty. P.L.
Copyright 1997 Reed Business Information, Inc.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Alternative Medicine
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Mental Health > Happiness
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Gender Studies
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology > Marriage & Family
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Women's Studies
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > New Age
- Books > Self-Help