- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Women Against Slavery: The British Campaigns, 1780-1870 Paperback – May 25 1995
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The scope of this careful and scholarly study makes it very useful for expanding the inclusion of women and social history in nineteenth-century world history.
Journal of World History, Fall 1997
Thoroughly researched and impressively argued, this book contributes a great deal to our understanding of the gendered and dichotomous nature of British abolitionism. Midgley has provided nineteenth century scholars with a thought provoking study which deserves an audience beyond those specialists for whom it will be essential reading.
The Victorian Review
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Gay & Lesbian > History
- Books > Gay & Lesbian > Nonfiction > Civil Rights
- Books > History > Europe > England
- Books > History > Europe > Ireland
- Books > History > Gay & Lesbian
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Gender Studies
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Political Science
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology > Women
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > History
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Gender Studies
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Political Science