Women Invent!: Two Centuries of Discoveries That Have Shaped Our World Paperback – Oct 1 1997
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"The inspiring stories of female inventors in this book take readers on a . . . journey through the process of inventing." -- Learning
About the Author
Susan Casey is the editor in chief of "O, The Oprah Magazine". She was previously the editor in chief of "Sports Illustrated Women "and an editor at large for Time Inc.'s 180 magazine titles. She also served as the creative director of "Outside" magazine where, with editor Mark Bryant, she led the magazine to three consecutive, history-making National Magazine Awards for General Excellence. At "Outside" she was part of the editorial team that developed the stories behind "Into Thin Air" and "The Perfect Storm". Her writing has appeared in "Esquire, Time, Fortune", and "Sports Illustrated". She is the author of "The Devil's Teeth: A True Story of Obsession and Survival Among America's Great White Sharks, The Wave: In Pursuit of the Rogues, Freaks, and Giants of the Ocean", and "Voices in the Ocean: A Journey into the Wild and Haunting World of Dolphins". She lives in New York City.
Top Customer Reviews
Most recent customer reviews
This book "Women Invent!" was one of the best books I have read. I'm an avid reader of any book I can get my hands on but this book was exceptional. Read morePublished on Sept. 3 2000
I bought this book for my daughters, because I like them to read about strong women. However, I ended up reading Women Invent! myself and enjoyed it very much! Read morePublished on June 24 2000 by Phil Ragsdale
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Biographies > Science & Technology
- Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Friendship, Social Skills & School Life > Girls & Women
- Books > Children's Books > Science, Nature & How It Works
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Gender Studies
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Women's Studies
- Books > Science & Math > History & Philosophy > History of Technology
- Books > Science & Math > Technology
- Books > Teens > Science & Technology