Wonderbag Non-Electric Portable Slow Cooker with Recipe Cookbook, Red Batik
|Price:||CDN$ 79.26 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Eco-friendly slow cooking. No plugs, no fuss: Slow cooks your food, unplugged, by retaining the heat from an initial simmer on the stove.
- Electricity free and worry free. Away at work or play? Keep your dish cooking for up to 12 hours without electricity, ready-to-serve when you are. No overcooking, no burning. Great for beach outings, potlucks, BBQ's, camping, or entertaining - anywhere, anytime, any occasion.
- Stress free holidays. Perfect for the holidays when stove and counter space are at a premium. Many uses: keeps items cold or frozen, too!
- Buy One, Donate One. For every Wonderbag purchased in Canada, one is donated to a family in need in Africa. One Wonderbag per year saves 1.7 trees, 1000 liters of water, 1,248 hours not spent collecting firewood
- Fits your home. Works with 2-9 Quart pots with short handles and lid; metal and cast iron work best
This item ships separately and in the original manufacturer's packaging. There will be shipping labels attached to the outside of the package. You may mark this item as a gift if you do not wish to reveal the contents.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Color Name: Red Batik
Wonderbag Portable Slow Cooker with Recipe Cookbook, Red Batik
What's a Wonderbag?
Wonderbag is a simple but revolutionary non-electric, portable slow cooker. Wonderbag's clever insulation allows food that has been brought to the boil to continue slow cooking or warm while in the bag. No plugs. No Fuss. No electricity required, so it’s worry-free.
Slow Cooking with Wonderbag
To slow cook, simply bring food to a boil on a stove, let simmer (5 minutes for rice and grains, 15 minutes for root vegetables, meat or presoaked beans), then put the pot with lid into your Wonderbag, close tightly, and slow cook to perfection up to 12 hours. Because it is not on direct heat, it will never overcook or burn. Wonderbag is perfect for bringing delicious home cooked meals to potlucks, dinner parties, tailgating, or camping. It's perfect for holidays when stove and counter space are at a premium.
Powerless is Powerful
Powerless is powerful. Wonderbag isn’t just a powerless cooker; it’s an instrument for change. 3 billion women still cook over wood fires, a major source of health, environmental and socio-economic issues. By drastically reducing time spent cooking, the Wonderbag empowers women across Africa to participate in more activities outside of the home enhancing their quality of life. Using the Wonderbag helps save water, reduces the carbon footprint, minimizes deforestation, smoke inhalation diseases and deaths. One Wonderbag per year saves 1.7 trees, 1000 liters of water and 1,248 hours of time not spent collecting firewood. For every Wonderbag purchased in the US, one is donated to a family in need in Africa.
Hearty Chipotle Chili
Ingredients: 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey. 1 small onion, chopped. 1 medium red or green bell pepper, chopped. 1 garlic clove, finely chopped. 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chili pepper. 1 can (28 ounces) of crushed tomatoes. 1 can (15.5 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained. 3.5 cups of beef stock. Directions: Cook ground beef, onion, red pepper and garlic in 4-quart saucepan, stirring occasionally, until beef is browned and vegetables are tender. Stir ibeef stock - Beef and chipotle chile pepper until stock is melted. Stir in tomatoes and beans. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until heated through. This takes about 15 minutes. Place your lidded pot in the Wonderbag for for a minimum of 1 hours and up to 4 hours for flavors to mingle. Serve, if desired, with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and/or chopped cilantro.
Perfectly Fluffy Rice or Grains
Directions: Add 1 cup of rice (white or brown), barley, bulgur wheat or quinoa to 2 cups broth and bring to a boil for 5 minutes. Put in Wonderbag for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Butternut Squash Soup
Ingredients: 2 diced onions. 3 tablespoons of olive oil. 1 butternut squash, peeled and diced. 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme. 4 cups broth. Directions: Saute 2 diced onions with oil on medium high heat for 5 minutes in large pot. Add butternut squash, and broth. Boil for 5 minutes. Add thyme. Put lidded pot into Wonderbag for at least 2 hours. Blend. Season with salt and pepper and enjoy!
Best You Know This
- Use with copper, steel, aluminum, enameled cast iron, or glassware pots in standard sizes with short handles and tight fitting lid. Use the right sized pot for the food you want to cook in order to best retain heat.
- Bring all food to a boil before putting into a Wonderbag. For best results keep bag and pot closed for the entire cooking time.
- Hand wash, hang dry. Use a dishtowel in the base of the Wonderbag to protect it from spills.
- There is no evaporation when cooking, so use less liquid than you otherwise would. If using alcohol in your recipe, allow it to boil off for 5 minutes before placing in Wonderbag.
- Please note: Wonderbag will arrive vacuum sealed and must be fluffed up before first usage.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Keep in mind that this product does take some getting used to... Because it uses heat retention there are a number of factors that play into a successful meal (like type of pot, type of food, fullness of pot etc). But once I got the hang of it I am successful with most meals. My go-to weekly meal is chicken noodle soup. Simple, but a family favorite.
Most recent customer reviews
Love my Wonderbags. I have 3 that I use.... great for holidays, potlucks, travel, camping, etc. Works great for yogurt, rice, soups and more.Published 5 months ago by Vickie S
I was amazed how well this works. Great Construction. Can go anywhere. Only downside is the clean up. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Mr. Kitty
I use this bag every week to cook my cereal. Simply place the pot inside the wonderbag the night before and by morning your cereal is ready to eat.Published 9 months ago by Monique
Great product. Such a simple technology that works beautifully.Published 18 months ago by Jessica Lapp