- Save 8% each on CA books offered by Amazon.ca when you purchase 1 or more. Here's how (restrictions apply)
WordPress: The Missing Manual Paperback – Jul 12 2014
|New from||Used from|
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Behold the Dreamers" is an unforgettable debut novel about a family's struggle to make a new life in America from author Imbolo Mbue. Learn more
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
About the Author
Matthew MacDonald is a science and technology writer with well over a dozen books to his name. Web novices can tiptoe out onto the Internet with him in Creating a Website: The Missing Manual. HTML fans can learn about the cutting edge of web design in HTML5: The Missing Manual. And human beings of all description can discover just how strange they really are in the quirky handbooks Your Brain: The Missing Manual and Your Body: The Missing Manual.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
1. the writing and images are too hard to see
2. no example to follow at all.
the author has put some already made website which are only to view. the webistes, about 5 or 6 of them, are absolutely useless, because they can only be viewed. it would have been useful to show on videos with some files to follow along the book, which he has not
3. at the end of the book the author put a picture of cd, STATING WE SAVE FIVE DOLLARS, THEN GIVE A SITE NAME: MISSINGMANUAL.COM, TO LOOK FOR FILES.the site is only to sell you books.
4. many sites he has referred does not exist
5. the last two chapters are even more useless, as there are nothing to follow. and of course A READER NEEDS A LARGE MAGNIFIER TO READ THEM.
6. UNFORTUNATELY I SPENT SO MUCH TIME ON THE LAST TWO CHAPTERS OF THE BOOK, WHICH SADLY I FOUND THERE IS NO WAY TO FOLLOW THE CODING AND THE TEMPLATES WHICH HE IS REFERRING
I HOPE THE AUTHOR SOLVES THE PROBLEMS BY ADDING VIDEO AND FILES SO THE BOOK CAN BE FOLLOWED STEP TY STEP
I bought it through Amazon because Amazon's price was much lower that the price the college bookstore was asking.
Overall, a useful book for anyone starting out using WordPress or wanting to learn more about using WordPress.
Want to see more reviews on this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Internet & Social Media > Blogging & Blogs
- Books > Computers & Technology > Internet & Social Media > Podcasts & Webcasts
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Internet, Groupware, & Telecommunications > Internet App Development
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Content Management
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Programming
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > User Generated Content
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Web Design
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Web Services
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems