Words Alone: The Poet T. S. Eliot Paperback – Apr 14 2010
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
"Donoghue has found a new way of combining autobiography and criticism, and the justification for the experiment is the maturity -- the wisdom -- of his commentary on Eliot's poetry. Resolutely a Christian himself, he does something slightly unusual and comments on the poems with a Christian intimacy, but his work is always illuminated by a decisiveness and strength that will make it valuable to all intelligent readers." -- Frank Kermode
"A probing and wide-ranging examination of Eliot's poetry that treats the work with respectful seriousness." -- New York Times Book Review
"Superb." -- Steven Moore, Washington Post Book World
A New York Times Book Review Notable Book
About the Author
Denis Donoghue is University Professor and Henry James Chair of English and American Letters at New York University.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > Criticism & Theory
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > United States
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Poetry > Criticism
- Books > Literature & Fiction > United States > History & Criticism
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature > English Literature