- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Words that Sell, Revised and Expanded Edition: The Thesaurus to Help You Promote Your Products, Services, and Ideas Paperback – Apr 5 2006
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
More than 6,000 words and phrases that make the difference between "yadda-yadda-yadda" and copy that sells
Looking for a better way to say "authentic?" "Words That Sell" gives you 57 alternatives. How about "appealing?" Take your pick from 76 synonyms. You'll even find more than 100 variations on "exciting." Fully updated and expanded, this edition of the copywriting classic is packed with inspiration-on-demand for busy professionals who need to win customers--by mail, online, or in person. More than 75 lists of powerful and persuasive words and phrases, including 21 new lists for this edition Cross-referencing of categories to jump-start creative thinking A crash course in basic copywriting techniques Helpful lists of commonly misspelled words, confusing words, pretentious phrases to avoid, and more
"Roget's" is fine for writing term papers and letters to the editor, but when it comes to the business of writing copy that translates into sales, there is no substitute for "Words That Sell,"
Find the perfect words and phrases to win over customers
Grabbers that get attention:
No-risk offer * One day only! * No strings attached! * What have you got to lose? * All the right ingredients * Inside information * Do you enjoy...? * Leap into...
Descriptions and benefits that create appeal:
Irresistible * winning * zesty * huggable * satisfying * You'll fall in love with...* Your ticket to... * king-size * Gives you the power * baby-soft *
Clinchers to win over your customer:
Reap the benefits today * Don't miss out! * No risk now, no risk later! * You can do it!* You be the judge * Send for our free catalog * 100% satisfaction guarantee
Special strategiesthat seal the deal:
Five-star quality * You're worth it * Don't fall for... * We make life easier * You're one of a select few... * discriminating * Your thoughtful gift
About the Author
McGraw-Hill authors represent the leading experts in their fields and are dedicated to improving the lives, careers, and interests of readers worldwide
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
This book is the revised of the original (Ver 1 has been a staple in my library since mid 90's) I have used it on so many projects with success that it keeps being used.... and is in my top 5 of ongoing references.
If you've ever racked your brain for the perfect synonym word...you will love this book! Especially copywriters and marketers.
Simple, Actionable advice. Since online marketing is always changing, for beginners as well as experienced copywriters.
My copy was printed on very thin paper with inkjet. The ink has bled through to the other side of each page. The paper thin enough that I won't be able to highlight without staining through a few pages. The physical quality is very poor.
I wish I had not wasted my money on this book.
Most recent customer reviews
This is a really good book and gets you thinking about copywriting!Published 15 months ago by Classic Essentials
It's already given me more confidence in writing copy to attract even more customers. Thank you.Published on July 4 2014 by Daniel Vaudrin
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Marketing & Sales > Advertising
- Books > Business & Investing > Marketing & Sales > Marketing > Direct
- Books > Business & Investing > Marketing & Sales > Sales & Selling
- Books > Business & Investing > Reference > Writing
- Books > Business & Investing > Skills > Business Writing
- Books > Business & Investing > Skills > Communications
- Books > Business & Investing > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Entrepreneurship
- Books > Education & Reference > Dictionaries & Thesauruses > Thesauruses
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Vocabulary, Slang, & Word Lists
- Books > Education & Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing > Business
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Marketing & Sales > Advertising
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Marketing & Sales > Marketing > Direct
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Marketing & Sales > Sales & Selling
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Business & Investing
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Education
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Business Communication
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Economics
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Enterpeneurship
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Marketing
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Sales
- Books > Textbooks > Reference