- Platform: Xbox
- ESRB Rating: Everyone
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
World Soccer Winning Eleven 9 - Xbox
- Features new animations, new clubs and leagues a refined Master League
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Manufacturer
The most anticipated soccer franchise in the world comes out with its best game ever. Winning Eleven 9 features new animations, new clubs and leagues, a refined Master League. Take your favorite team online and prove your skills by progressing through the online divisional ranking system. Winning Eleven 9 delivers the most pure soccer experience ever seen.
- New animations, new clubs and leagues, and a refined Master League
- Two new positions to play--Wing Back and Second Top
- Improved character animation with real, captured player motions
- Recruit from thousands of the world's top pro players
- Negotiate with players as they develop, grow old, and retire in the multi-season Master League mode
Top customer reviews
Fifteen years ago Sensible/Renegade brought us Sensible Soccer for the old 16-bit machines. It had tiny, low detail sprites, eight directions of movement and (on the Amiga/ST) a single button to control passes, shots, headers and tackles. It was ten times as much fun as this technically proficient but virtually unplayable game.
The developers should also have spent time on the critical period where one side has lost the ball and it's up for grabs. The smart thing to do in this brief but key period is to make the team member best positioned to intercept the ball home in on it regardless of what you're doing with the controller for half a second or so, giving you a small interval in which to orient yourself and get ready to take control of that player. Without this there's little chance of you assessing whom you're controlling and reacting sufficiently quickly as to have a decent chance of beating the computer to the ball. This puts the human player at a major disadvantage, leaving your men looking blindingly stupid compared to the computer team.
If they'd spent a little extra time getting these features right, they'd have an amazing game on their hands. As things stand, buying WE9 is something I'd recommend only to masochists or to those with no hair to pull out.
Second, in a game where you can only control one out of eleven members of a team, the other ten have GOT to have good AI. They have to move intelligently off the ball. In particular, they MUST react quickly to a loose ball, not stand back away from it at a distance of three metres for several seconds as though it's about to explode. Again, BASIC stuff.
And another issue halfway between these...when defending, you can use one of the buttons to make a nearby teammate (not the player you're controlling) move in to pressure the opposition player with the ball. So who does it select? The player nearest the ball. Seems sensible, yes? No. It's not. It should be the player who has the best chance of making an interception. If the opponent is running at full pace, it is FAR better to have a player ten metres ahead of him move to make the tackle than a player two metres behind him.
This is half a good game, but it's an example of one where even if you get 80% of the things right, the other 20% can ruin it.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Wow you can create your own cleats youself.if you havent already bought this game, leave now and go buy it!
The biggest sell for WE9 over WE8 is the addition of XBOX Live support for me. I was used to online play from FIFA 2005 and it was the only thing that I missed after I ditched FIFA franchise. I played some online games with WE9 immediately and they were flawless. It was nothing short than playing with the computer. Of course this depends on the network connection and mine is good. I don't know yet how big the online community is though. This is something I will know after a while, I guess. If you want to play online, I am BlackEagleT on XBL.
I didn't have a chance to test drive the Master League yet but I am sure it is still much fun.
On a final note, I felt like the graphics were a little better than the previous series but it may just be my excited eyes:)
Bottomline is that if you are a real soccer fan you can never go wrong with WE9.