- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
WorldShift 2012: Making Green Business, New Politics, and Higher Consciousness Work Together Paperback – Jun 25 2009
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
“This book will help us to evaluate the current situation of our planet and to find the path we must take.” (Mikhail Gorbachev, from the foreword)
“Something is going to happen in 2012, but what that will be is up to us. That is why WorldShift 2012 is so significant as a handbook for this great change--it is the kind of positive cocreative script the world needs in order to conclude and regenerate the cycle on a successful evolutionary note.” (José Argüelles, author of The Mayan Factor)
“WorldShift is about an outer world built on inner realization. The higher consciousness that has been evolving through human beings for centuries is seeding a garden of hope and promise. Ervin Laszlo maps this new world and its promise--no one I know is more acutely attuned to it.” (Deepak Chopra, from the foreword)
"Think-tank founder and prolific author, Laszlo simply uses the notion of the 2012 breakdown/breakthrough as a vehicle for the tranformation of the world. . . . will appeal . . . to earth-conscious readers . . ." (Library Journal, Oct 2009)
"[Laszlo] gives us a practical and achievable way to make our world greener and our planet safer by shifting our consciousness towards this view." (Evolve!: Evolutionary Products, People, and Ideas, Vol. 8, No. 4, Nov 2009)
". . . a challenge for readers to update their ethics and evolve their consciousness in order to achieve 'syntony'--being tuned in to the surrounding world." (Susan LosCalzo, New Age Retailer, Dec 2009)
"Forewords by Deepak Chopra and Mikhail Gorbachev, as well as quotes from other visionaires such as Ekhart Tolle, Paul Hawken, and Albert Einstein, augment WorldShift 2012's message that we can no longer continue with 'business as usual.'" (Susan LosCalzo, New Age Retailer, Feb 2010)
About the Author
Ervin Laszlo, twice nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize, is editor of the international periodical World Futures: The Journal of General Evolution and the founder and president of the international think tanks the Club of Budapest, the World Wisdom Council, and the General Evolution Research Group. He is the author of 85 books, translated into 22 languages, and he lives in Tuscany.See all Product Description
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
In Worldshift 2012 Laszlo makes the case once again that it is only by changing our consciousness will we turn planetary breakdown into sustainable breakthrough, and the author this time points our focus for this shift toward business and politics. I'm completely on board with his evolutionary vision, but disappointed in this slim volume (less than 100 pages) subtitled, "Making Green Business, New Politics and Higher Consciousness Work Together." Part One summarizes of the state of the world, ecologically, politically and socially, Part two addresses objectives, and Part Three is a telling of the "new consciousness myth." In other words, Laszlo uses a familiar change model format: where are we now, what do we want, how do we reframe our experience (get there from here), and how it will be when we have the change we desire (imagining what we want as if it has already occurred).
In this sense then, this is subconsciously a useful book. But the content doesn't deliver anything particularly new or captivating. Certainly, Worldshift reminds us of the mounting statistics about ecological and social breakdown, which is always a wake-up call, and the thought experiment "reporting" by two young people from the year 2032 commenting on the new planetary ethics and consciousness is somewhat intriguing--and a story that needs to be told. Still, most of the "solutions" or actions offered in Worldshift are little more than well-worn gestures painted with broad brushstrokes, and sprinkled with quotes from notables.
To be honest, the forewords by Deepak Chopra and Mikhail Gorbachev are more compelling for this reviewer than what follows. Perhaps being in the business of reading multitudes of new consciousness books I have become saturated with new consciousness ideas; perhaps the concepts presented here have been written about so much more comprehensively and compellingly (by Laszlo himself, among many others) that I have high expectations: perhaps this isn't one of Laszlo's better efforts.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Economic Policy & Development
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Environmental Economics
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Natural Resources
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Sustainable Development
- Books > Business & Investing > Processes & Infrastructure > Green Business
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics > Economic Policy & Development
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics > Natural Resources
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics > Sustainable Development
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Biological Sciences > Ecology
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > New Age > New Thought
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Ecology
- Books > Science & Math > Environment > Conservation
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Conservation
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Environment > Conservation
- Books > Science & Math > Technology > Futurology