- Save 15% on all books purchases. Enter code PROMO15 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Wright-Sized Houses: Frank Lloyd Wright's Solutions for Making Small Houses Feel Big Hardcover – Nov 25 2003
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Diane Maddex, the author of books on Frank Lloyd Wright, lives in Bethany Beach, Delaware.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The text is not well written. Could have done a better job.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The second part gives full details of some houses (mainly Usonian since the theme is about "making small houses feel big")
Special interest for Isabel Roberts house, River Forest (on front and back cover pages) which is to my mind Wright's Masterwork joining Prairie and Usonian concepts.
Photos are nice and drawings are also indicated (with scale and orientation).
The only point I disliked is the fact comments relative to photos are not always fully precise : they could have highlighted a bit more key characteristics quoted in book's first part. The author has also preferred giving some details about Owners rather than focusing only on architecture.
I my opinion, Wright's approach is universal to many architectual style.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > How-to & Home Improvements > Home Design > Design & Construction
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Interior Design > Decorating
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Small Homes & Cottages
- Books > Professional & Technical > Architecture > Individual Architects & Firms > Wright, Frank Lloyd