Writing for Business: Expert Solutions to Everyday Challenges Paperback – Jul 1 2007
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
WRITING FOR BUSINESS
Effective business writing rests on a foundation of basic principles. Master them, and you’ll know how to handle the many different writing tasks that come your way. This guide will show you how to:
Meet Your Mentor
Deborah Dumaine is the president and founder of Better Communications, a learning company that delivers globally recognized business, leadership, technical, financial and sales writing workshops.
About Pocket Mentors
The Pocket Mentor series offers immediate solutions to common challenges managers face on the job every day. Each book in the series is packed with handy tools, self-tests and real life examples to help you identify your strengths and weaknesses and hone critical skills. Whether you’re at you desk, in a meeting, or on the road, these portable guides enable you to tackle the daily demands of your work with greater speed, savvy, and effectiveness.
About the Author
Since 1984, Harvard Business School Press has been dedicated to publishing the most contemporary management thinking, written by authors and practitioners who are leading the way. Whether readers are seeking big-picture strategic thinking or tactical problem solving, advice in managing global corporations or for developing personal careers, HBS Press helps fuel the fire of innovative thought. HBS Press has earned a reputation as the springboard of thought for both established and emerging business leaders.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I believe this book is ideal for experienced and seasoned writers looking to hone and tighten their communication. (NB: an inexperienced writer may find the short and to the point nature of this book... lacking compared to a full-blown expose on writing.)
Bottom line: "Writing for Business" is a very good reference for ambitious business writers and a marvelous little gem of a book.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > Accounting > Financial
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Business & Investing > Reference > Writing
- Books > Education & Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing > Business
- Books > Education & Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing > Technical
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Accounting
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Industries & Professions > Accounting > Financial
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Science & Math > Technology > Technical Thinking & Writing