No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Writing Reader-Friendly Poems Plus Writing Exercises Kindle Edition
See all formats and editions Hide other formats and editions
Kindle Daily Deals
Each day save up to 80% on top-rated Kindle books for adults and young readers. Learn more.
This compact guide shares how to master the art of “reader-friendly poetry”-- writing that reaches beyond confession, shrugs off literary fashion, and bypasses the esoteric and avant-garde, to put the reader first. With more than 50 rules of thumb, writers learn to select, expand, rearrange, and edit raw inspiration into poems that are clear and engaging, that touch emotions, mind, and senses. Numerous writing exercises provide lots of practice in these techniques. The book also includes pointers on finding inspiration, as well as on submitting work for publication. The advice has been honed through Susan Ioannou’s many years as a widely published Canadian poet, creative writing teacher, and literary editor.
There are no customer reviews yet.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing > Poetry
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > Criticism & Theory
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Poetry > Criticism
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Poetry > Writing
- Kindle Store > English Language Store
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > Criticism & Theory
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Poetry > Criticism