- Actors: David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson
- Format: NTSC
- Language: English, French
- Region: Region A/1
- Number of discs: 57
- Studio: 20th Century Fox
- Release Date: June 14 2016
- Average Customer Review: 289 customer reviews
- ASIN: B01DX72JX2
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
#6,883 in Movies & TV Shows (See Top 100 in Movies & TV Shows)
- #5 in Movies & TV Shows > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Series & Sequels > The X-Files > Seasons
- #8 in Movies & TV Shows > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Series & Sequels > The X-Files > All Titles
- #8 in Movies & TV Shows > Mystery & Suspense > Television > The X-Files
X-Files Season 1 to 10 Collection (Bilingual) [Blu-ray]
|Price:||CDN$ 164.47 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfilment centres, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA products qualify for FREE Shipping
If you're a seller, Fulfilment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfilment by Amazon .
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
In the first season of The X-Files, creator Chris Carter was uncertain of the series' future, so each of the episodes is a self-contained suspense story; they do not delve deep into the ongoing X-Files mythology or turn to self-parody and humor as do episodes in later seasons. Yet, these episodes display the elements for which the show would become famous: the cinematic production values and top-notch special effects, the stark lighting of the Vancouver sets, the atmospheric halo of Mark Snow's score, and the clever plots dealing with subjects ranging from the occult, religion, and monsters to urban legends, conspiracy theories, and science fiction. Most importantly, season 1 introduces FBI agents Dana Scully (Gillian Anderson) and Fox "Spooky" Mulder (David Duchovny), two of the most attractive government officials around. Scully is the serious-minded medical scientist assigned to join Mulder on the X-Files, a division of the FBI dealing with the paranormal. Mulder is the intuitive thinker with a dry wit, a passionate believer in the existence of paranormal phenomena and one of the few characters on television smart enough to figure out who the bad guy is before the audience does. Their muddled relationship, a deep friendship laced with sexual tension, provides the human heart in a world where the bizarre and horrible lurk in everyday society.
The materials on the bonus disc provide some interesting trivia and background, but it is the 24 episodes themselves that make this seven-disc boxed set a true find. Those unfamiliar with The X-Files often view all the fuss with the same skepticism with which Scully first regards her new partner's ideas. But just as she comes to realize the uncanny accuracy of Mulder's outlandish theories, newcomers to The X-Files who sample a few episodes in this boxed set will likely find themselves riveted to their television late into the night. And undoubtedly, the shadows and creaking noises in the house that evening will seem more menacing than usual. --Eugene Wei --This text refers to an alternate Blu-ray edition.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
Of note: I must say that I'm glad to have held out on purchasing the DVD release, all things considered.
I especially like the fact that one spot is filled in with a cardboard cutout which can be removed in order to insert the case for the double feature Blu-ray which contains the following on separate discs:
1) 'The X Files: Fight the Future' (1998) - A 2 hour film which had a theatrical release, and, which takes place between the ending of Season 5 and the beginning of Season 6. And also included is the Extended Cut of the film.
2) 'The X Files: I Want to Believe' (2008) - A 105 minute film which takes place between Season 9 and 10.
Unfortunately, I had to purchase the aforementioned product because it's not included with the Season 1 to 10 collection. Why, you may ask? I have no idea, but again, I'm glad a separate space was included for its insertion.
Furthermore, the asking price for the 2 X-files movies was only 13 bucks - brand new, I might add.
Back to the TV collection, I'd like to thank the team who worked on restoring the show, as they did a marvellous job. And the fact that the entire frame is included - thus, taking advantage of widescreen displays - is a HUGE plus in my opinion.
One caveat: the stock video shots look rough - particularly in the first 4 seasons, but in the grand scheme of things, it's not bothersome to the point where the viewing experience leaves me disappointed - not even close.
As far as the asking price is concerned, I was lucky enough to find it on sale for $109.99, and I cannot overstate the fact that it was worth every freakin' penny.
All in all, I'd give this beauty of a set a score of 4.8 / 5. If it included the two feature films as well, I would have given it a perfect score, no doubt. Having purchased the two films, I am extremely happy with my investment in what is easily one of the best sci-fi TV shows ever made. Hell yeah I recommend it, cheers!
PS: For those wondering, the contrast and/or brightness issue which affected Season 8 has been addressed, and the discs are of the newest production, good day :-)
As it is, I'm very, very glad I have the DVD set from years back and was only upgrading - moved the blu-ray disks into the much prettier DVD set and am reasonably happy.
Disks looked unscratched at least - I have yet to watch any to confirm though.
Also missing both movies, so be aware you'll need to get those separate. No extra stuff like postcards or anything - all in all a more minimal set then my DVD set. VERY glad I got this on sale for a one-day deal, as it was upsetting to see how much damage they suffered as it was.
Want to see more reviews on this item?
Most recent customer reviews
The corners were banged up / "crunched"
Not really worth displaying.
The show is great though.
Look for similar items by category
- Movies & TV > En français > Fantastique, Horreur et Science-fiction > Fantastique
- Movies & TV > En français > Fantastique, Horreur et Science-fiction > Science-fiction
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Alien Invasion
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Aliens
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Sci-Fi Action
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Series & Sequels > The X-Files > All Titles
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Series & Sequels > The X-Files > Seasons
- Movies & TV > TV Shows > TV Series > TV Series By Letter > X > The X-Files