Top positive review
Great improvements over the old model
December 5, 2016
First things first. How to spot the old controller vs 2016 Controller:
-New controller retail box main color is white (old is green)
• -Newer Model: TF5-00001 (white), 6CL-00001 (black) (Number about S/N on tag) Old: EX6-00001 (black still sold today for same price)
• -Newer controller power button is all smooth clear plastic with X logo (old has silver accents and is bumpy)
Other New claimed features:
• Double range – I’ve tested this and the range is greater but not sure if double.
• Refined Bumpers (RT/LT) – Very well done, feels a lot smoother and no audible clicking sound like before.
• Textured Grips – Very fine dotted texture where your palms grip the controller. Best ergonomic addition. Makes grip so much better and comfortable holding the controller.
• Bluetooth – As both a console and PC gamer this controller is a must have. I have Windows 10 ver 1511 and had no problems connecting the controller. After 2 minutes of pairing I was in game playing without any problems.
• Redesigned Thumbsticks – Honestly I don’t see it, when I hold up my old generation 1 controller next to this new one I don’t see anything
• Wireless firmware updates: No more using the USB cable to update the controller firmware.
My old controller that came with the Xbox bundle died after 2 months of barely using it. I will update this thread accordingly because I have hopes they at least made these last a bit longer.
If you are a PC or Xbox one user I highly recommend this over the older models. It can get difficult to find this model and make sure not to get the old one.