- Product Dimensions: 15 x 5.8 x 1.5 cm
- Shipping Weight: 81.6 g
- Item model number: 501
- ASIN: B000IBOP70
- Date first available at Amazon.ca: July 17 2013
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #42,612 in Industrial & Scientific (See Top 100 in Industrial & Scientific)
Compare Offers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Xuron - 501 Wire Stripper - Adjustable
- quickly and easily strip wire sizes between 10-26 AWG (2.588 – 0.405 mm)
- Features a thumb adjustable cam that sets the tool to the appropriate wire size
- features a full by-pass shear for added versatility
- Ergonomic design, cushioned Xuro-Rubber grips and Light Touch return spring
- Packaged In A Retail Blister Pack
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Xuron 501 Wire Stripper AdjustableThe 501 features a thumb adjustable cam that quickly sets the tool to wire sizes between 10-26 AWG (2.588 – 0.405 mm) without the need for any additional tools. Once set, the cam retains it’s setting until reset by the us
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
The thumb dial to set the cutting depth is very easy to use. No need for hash marks, just eyeball it.
Super sharp. It even cut the fabric insulation on high temp wire with zero fraying.
It does a great job on fine wire, too.
Take note of the model numbers. The 501's work on solid and stranded core wire.
Just used it all day, building a reflow oven. It took all the hassle out of stripping the wire ends. I really like this wire stripper and recommend it to you.
The only criticism I have is Amazon's poorly chosen shipping packaging. Amazon used a giant cardboard box rather than a small padded envelope. The giant box provides inferior protection since the product can bang around inside. The giant box also consumes more material and volume.
Easy to adjust and really useful . Small but efficient .
They are essential in electronic and in where you need to stripper multiple wire.
Built in a simple and solid way.
1) When stripping smaller gauges of wire the handles close together until they're almost touching at the base, which makes the tool uncomfortable and difficult to control. Only at the largest gauge setting are the handles a reasonable distance from each other when cutting, and then only just.
2) The tool doesn't have any reference markings for wire gauge. I didn't expect this -- I thought I'd be able to quickly dial in the gauge of wire I wanted to strip. No such luck; you have to eyeball it or scratch your own markings on the cam.
These factors combine to make using this tool somewhat unpleasant, and I'm returning it to Amazon.