Xyron Teresa Collins Adhesive Kit
|Price:||CDN$ 27.89 & FREE Shipping on orders over CDN$ 35. Details|
- Six essential items in a beautiful reusable box
- Kit includes sticker maker, tape runner, foam squares, double sided tape, Clear hold Adhesive and an adhesive eraser
- Kit is a great way to sample various Xyron adhesives
- Endorsed by Teresa Collins
- Box measures 7 x 7.5 x 2.5-Inch
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Xyron teamed with Teresa Collins to design this amazing combination of adhesive items. You'll fall in love the moment you flip open the pink reusable box with a magnetic closure. Inside you'll find a special pink mini X sticker maker. Immediately you'll be able to add edge to edge adhesive to any flat item up to 1-Inch wide. This is perfect for those intricate die cut letters and other small embellishments. The kit also contains one 29-Foot long roll of 1/4-Inch double sided tape in a convenient dispenser. Premium foam squares allow you to add depth to your projects quickly and easily. There is also a disposable tape runner and Teresa Collins Clear Hold Adhesive in a handy little bottle. This unique adhesive dries clear with a strong hold. This kit contains all the adhesive you'll need for creating gorgeous cards, scrapbook pages, school projects, decorative mixed media projects and so much more. When the adhesive is finally used up, you'll find a myriad of uses for the beautiful, sturdy box. Additionally, the kit also contains a Xyron adhesive eraser, which quickly and cleanly removes any unwanted adhesive from your projects. You'll enjoy trying all the different adhesives and the box keeps them all within reach and easy to bring with when you head out to craft with friends.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Inside, you get:
1. A portable Xyron Create-A-Sticker with a cartridge. This is a smaller size, and will create stickers up to a little less than 1 1/8" wide. It works like a charm. The tack on these stickers is not super strong, but for usual use (such as on paper), they work great. It's very easy to use, but no directions come with it.
If you're not sure, mybinding com has a short simple video attached to its page for the Xyron 1.5" sticker maker:
Xyron Create-A-Sticker Model 150 with Cartridge - XRN150
2. Tape runner. These runners are so cool, and if you haven't used one before, you're in for a treat. It lays down a ribbon of 5/16" double-sided tape. That is, it sticks where you lay it down, and the top side is sticky, too, so you use it to attach photos or paper.
3. Foam squares. Another awesome tool in your scrapbooking or card-making endeavors. You can get them in various thicknesses and sizes. With this kit you get 189 black foam squares, 3/8 x 3/8, and about 3/16" deep.
4. Xyron high-tack double-sided tape in a cardboard dispenser with teeth. It's also easy to tear if you don't need a straight edge. The dispenser has 29 ft of 1/4" tape. This is high-tack, more sticky than the stickers made with item #1, for instance. The white cover comes off the tape easily after placemet, which is important.
5. Clear Hold Adhesive. This is a 0.75 fluid oz bottle of glue. It's milky in color but dries clear and strong. It's an acid-free water-based glue. No strong smell. It is a Teresa Collins brand.
6. Adhesive eraser. Almost 2" square, this nubbly hard-rubbery tool cannot perform miracles. But it does work to lift off misplaced tacky substances of various types.
All in all, this Adhesive Kit is a nice set to give as a gift to someone new to scrapbooking or card-making. Everything in it is good quality and the presentation is nice.
If you are experienced with these different types of adhesives, though, you are paying extra for the pretty box and may rather just buy these items separately.
The kit contains:
-189 adhesive foam squares. These are 1/4 inch thick, which is frankly too thick for scrapbook use and for most card-making. I cannot fathom why so many were included.
-1 adhesive eraser. I have not used this, so I don't know if it works. There are no instructions included for how best to use it, but I assume it is supposed to be used like a regular eraser, to remove adhesive from paper.
-20 feet of transparent tape, in a sturdy, pink, plastic tape runner. An average roll of transparent tape contains around 37 feet, so I don't expect this would last very long. It is referred to as "disposable", so I am assuming that tape refills are not available.
-29 feet of double-sided tape in a heavy paper dispenser with a metal serrated cutter. Again, when compared to other brands of double sided tape (which contain around 33 feet), I don't expect that this tape would last long for the average paper-crafter.
-10 feet of one-inch sticker tape in a sturdy, pink, plastic container with a metal serrated cutter. This, too, has no directions for use. It is also referred to as "disposable", so again, I assume no refills are available.
-.75 oz bottle of clear-hold adhesive for embellishments. This is half the size of other brands of embellishment glue. I have not used it yet, so I cannot attest to it's hold.
Bottom line: The presentation of the product, in the lovely pink box, is the kit's best feature. At the current price of $25 for this set, it is extremely overpriced (even considering the addition of the reusable box) for the small amount of product it contains.
So, I selected this adhesive kit, knowing that, in spite of my craft-horror, it would be used.
And I have to admit, I liked it.
This is a very pretty little box filled with all sorts of adhesives. And I can assure you that, this weekend, the resident five-year-old found use for them all. It's got double sided tape, liquid adhesive, nice little foam adhesive squares, and even an adhesive eraser - I had no idea such a thing existed!
My daughter and I worked on a scrapbook, made Halloween owls and cats, and I made something that was supposed to be a puppy. I'm told by the five-year-old that my puppy looks like a punk rock potato.
The box is lovely, can be kept out rather than stored away, and makes a very nice storage place to keep your adhesives all in one place.
While it didn't improve my crafting skills, it was very much appreciated and will get a lot of use in the future!