A Year Without Rain
|Price:||CDN$ 12.88 & FREE Shipping on orders over CDN$ 25. Details|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|1. Round & Round|
|2. A Year Without Rain|
|3. Rock God|
|4. Off The Chain|
|5. Summer's Not Hot|
|8. Ghost Of You|
|9. Sick Of You|
|10. Live Like There's No Tomorrow|
2010 album from the teen sensation, the follow-up to the hit album Kiss & Tell. Leading off with the the danceable track heard all over top 40 radio, 'Round & Round', A Year Without Rain is a collection of great songs spanning Selena Gomez and the Scene's rise as music superstars.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
She's a great artist as a whole, but this is definitely not her best album. There are, however, a lot of catchy songs on this album. Selena Gomez also has a great voice. Maybe buy her newer album instead?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
1."Round and Round"-4/5 I think this is a great song to dance to, but its a little boring after a while.
2."A Year Without Rain"-5/5 This is one of my fave songs. She has beautiful vocals in it.
3."Rock God"-5/5 This is an awesome, catchy dance number, but my be inapropriete for younger kids.
4."Off The Chain"-5/5 The song is a heartfelt tune that everybody will love.
5."Summers Not Hot"-3/5 I liked this song, but it was very cheesy.
6."Intuition"-3/5 Sappy but fun song.
8."Ghost of You"- Best song on Cd!!!!!!!!
9."Sick of You"-1/5 Worst of them all. Super lame!
10."Live like theres no Tomorrow"-4/5Its Beautiful, but made me cry!
1. "Round & Round" 10/10 - Perfect choice for a lead single and a fun dance track. Would be a great addition to party playlists.
2. "A Year Without Rain" 9/10 - Great choice for a second single and an awesome ballad.
3. "Rock God" 7/10 - A decent dance track. The way she sings the first verse is a little weird, but the rest of it is performed well.
4. "Off the Chain" 10/10 - Makes you wanna get up and dance. Had the potential to become a single. Also would be a great addition to party playlists.
5. "Summer's Not Hot" 10/10 - Great summer anthem. Also had the potential to become a single.
6. "Intuition" (featuring Eric Bellinger) 8/10 - Another great track and Eric's rap section was a good addition. The only bad thing about this track is Selena's auto tuned vocals. Also had the potential to become a single.
7. "Spotlight" 7/10 - Not the best, but certainly not the worst. The lyrical content is good, but the chorus can at times be a little annoying.
8. "Ghost of You" 9/10 - Another great ballad. Also had the potential to become a single.
9. "Sick of You" 10/10 - A great dance track. Perfect for the clubs. Also had the potential to become a single.
10. "Live Like There's No Tomorrow" 8/10 - This song was issued as a promotional single to create buzz for Selena's first major motion picture Ramona & Beezus. I guess it was a good album closer, but if I did the album track listing, this would've been the second track and "A Year Without Rain" would be the closing track.
Overall, it's a great pop, dance and electronic album. Needless to say, Selena steers clear of the sophomore slump with this album. Perfect choice to play at house parties and nightclubs.
I can turn this on and have the album playing just as "background noise", not really paying attention to it or truly listening to it. But it just is not an album that I'm going to listen to frequently, and with the exception of a couple songs most of them are not songs I'd sing along with or anything. It's just something so that there is some noise in the house to keep things from being too quiet. It's good upbeat music at least, even if the lyrics are not necessarily that great.
Round & Round (7/10): I don't like the bridge in this one, but it was the obvious first single choice.
A Year Without Rain (5/10): I don't really care for this song and don't understand the love for it, her vocals aren't good.
Rock God (8/10): Here's a track where her vocals shine, it's spunky with a lot of attitude.
Off The Chain (10/10): A career high for Selena, this song is dreamy & enticing while being irresistibly catchy.
Summer's Not Hot (8/10): The production on this track is a bit cheap-sounding, but the lyrics are campy and it's cute.
Intuition (8/10): I really like the instrumental for this song, but Eric Bellinger's part was unneeded.
Spotlight (5/10): Here's another filler track I could do without. It sounds like an unfinished demo.
Ghost of You (9/10): This song is really beautiful & you can hear the emotion in Selena's voice.
Sick of You (8/10): Very generic, but she makes it work and it's undeniably memorable.
Live Like There's No Tomorrow (9/10): This song has an amazing chorus and is very good for a soundtrack single tacked onto the end of a studio album.
Overall, I'd give this album 4.5 stars if I could. It has some lows but the highs are pretty great.