- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Yeast: The Practical Guide to Beer Fermentation Paperback – Oct 16 2010
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Chris White is Assistant Professor in Sociology based in the Department of History, Philosophy and Social Science, The Rhode Island School of Design. Jamil Zainasheff started brewing in 1999 and soon started winning awards in homebrew competitions. He has brewed beers in every style recognized by the Beer Judge Certification Program, taken medals in the finals of the National Homebrew Competition every year since 2002 and amassed more than 20 Best-of-Show awards. He contributes articles to Zymurgy and is the Style Profile columnist for Brew Your Own.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The second half of the book is a little beyond the scope of many homebrewers. However if you wish to learn how to start a small scale biology lab (or are already a biology geek) the later parts of this book are essential!
Starts of with the basics and gives descriptions of simple ways to manage and improve yeast health. Then goes on to get in depth with agar plating and selecting single yeast strains. Finishing with technical gram positive testing for anaerobic/aerobic bacterial infections.
4/5 because it was almost too technical by the end. However If you wish to progress to much more advanced levels of yeast ranching this is the book to start with.
More than just yeast, it also shows the proper way to conduct a beer fermentation.
Most recent customer reviews
Le livre est super bien structuré et permet une bonne compréhension. La vulgarisation est très bonne également.Published 2 months ago by Client d'Amazon
Written by the yeast guru himself - a must-read for any brewer.Published 20 months ago by James Hutchison
Great book, full of usefull advise about temp and pitch rate. A must!Published 22 months ago by Félix DuMesnil Poulin
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Drinks & Beverages > Beer
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Bioengineering > Biotechnology
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Agricultural Sciences > Food Sciences
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Biological Sciences > Biology
- Books > Science & Math > Agricultural Sciences > Food Science
- Books > Science & Math > Chemistry > Industrial & Technical