Yogalosophy: 28 Days to the Ultimate Mind-Body Makeover Paperback – Apr 23 2013
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Mandy brought yoga into my life. I'm excited for you to get to experience her, too! This workout will change your body and your mind."
- Jennifer Aniston (Actress, director, producer)
'Mandy brings her understanding, skill, compassion and humor into my home along with her yoga mat and great music. I love Mandy and I love her yoga. And my husband is very pleased with what it has done for my behind, on a completely shallow note.'
- Kate Beckinsale (Actress)
'Mandy Ingber brings joy, humor, and self-love into your workout. She's the best.'
- Helen Hunt (Academy Award-winning actress)
'I find Mandy's words inspiring and her choice of music is perfect to make me forget that I am dying from overexertion. She's the world's best spinning teacher, who brings me humor while she kicks my ass.'
- Ricki Lake (TV talk show host, author)
'I'm a girl who never worked out, in fact, I never liked it at all. But somehow with Mandy, I can't wait for my workouts. Even throughout my pregnancy when I was huge and lazy, I still looked forward to the days when we walked and stretched. I started out (pre-pregnancy) doing spinning with Mandy, then yoga. I can't explain how much I adore Mandy, personally, and what she has done for my body. I attribute her workouts to my simple easy wonderful birth of my daughter. My body was prepared andready.'
- Jennifer Meyer Maguire (Jewelry designer, mother, daughter, wife, sister, friend)
"Since starting my yoga practice with Mandy, my body has toned and I've lost inches. I feel great and very strong, physically. But more than that, her teachings relay the importance of the mind/body connection and acceptance of self which has made a huge impact on me. Mandy has changed my life."
- Siobhan Schanda ( Chelsea Lately producer)
About the Author
Mandy Ingber is a fitness and wellness expert, speaker, producer, instructor, and author of the 'New York Times' best-selling book 'Yogalosophy'. For over 16 years she has motivated people with her light-hearted approach and unique teaching style. Her ability to connect with a wide range of students makes her accessible to all. Mandy's public appeal grew as a celebrity yoga instructor when she did a spread in 'SELF' magazine in 2006 with client Jennifer Aniston. Other clients include Kate Beckinsale, Ricki Lake, Brooke Shields, jewelry designer Jennifer Meyer, and Helen Hunt, who gave her credit on the red carpet for getting her body "Oscar-ready."
Ingber has been a keynote speaker and an event headliner for such events as 'People' magazine's "A-List Workout" and 'SELF' magazine's "Workout In the Park," as well as a spokesperson for many brands. Mandy is featured regularly in national publications, such as 'SELF, InStyle, Vogue, Harper's Bazaar, O, Los Angeles, People, Us Weekly, Life & Style, Glamour, Vanity Fair, Elle,' and more.
Visit Mandy's website and blog at MandyIngber.com.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Ingber wrote this book she describes as "an action plan to re-pattern your habits, to develop new self-talk, and help you to channel your emotions". She begins by telling us a little of her own story how her weight juggled throughout her life until she came to a point where she said, this is it, I don't want to do this anymore. The book Yogalosophy is based on more activities beyond yoga. She combines yoga postures with other exercises to get you in the great shape you're ready to be in.
Mandy wants the 28 day plan to be a fresh start for you and you can begin at any time. The book also contains guidelines for eating healthy with three diet options. There are 3 basic components to the plan:
1. Daily Action Checklist. Each day should begin with the Daily Action Checklist for that day. It guides you to set your intention for the day. She also includes a sample playlist of music for the day; a Yogalosophy Routine Variation in which she gives options to some of regular poses and exercises. She then includes the Cardio option in which Mandy gives some great examples of cardio exercise, but ultimately it is totally up to you to decide, and the activities conclude with a "Pose of the Day". There are more activities included in the Daily Action Checklist which will help you focus on your inner self.
2. The Yogalosophy Workout was designed by Ingber and she says that it can be modified for any level of fitness. This section of the book brings the workout to you. There are good instructions and the visuals are thorough. She tells you how many repetitions to complete and how long to hold the poses. In this way you can accommodate it to your needs.
3. Diet Plans and Recipes. The final section of the book is focused on the diet plans and how to eat healthy. She gives you a menu for each meal for a week of each of the three diets. She also provides a grocery list for each of the diets A, B, and C. The book concludes with some great recipes based on each of the diet plans.
I enjoyed this book. I benefited from the day by day approach. One day at a time kept me focused and not looking too far ahead. Each day was a pleasant variety with plenty of creativity. Her workout takes somewhere between 30-40 minutes to complete. Sometimes I had to vary it due to scheduling for the day, but most days I did the entire workout. If you are going to vary the workout then I suggest you do the entire workout and make it longer or shorter by increasing or decreasing repetitions.
Recommendation: Buy the paper format. Exercise books are hard to follow on Kindle.
Tried it on the web reader, on my phone and on the Kindle Paperwhite and no luck.
Please consider reformatting the book and resubmitting to Amazon. I'd love to actually read it!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Weight Loss
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Weight Maintenance
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Exercise & Fitness
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Nutrition
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Stress > Yoga
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Women's Health