You Don't Have to Take It: A Woman's Guide to Confronting Emotional Abuse At Work Paperback – Sep 20 1993
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Is it you? Are you really just too sensitive to harsh words on the job? Or is it abuse? The authors share personal experiences and walk you through defining the problem, developing a remedy and placing this type of abuse into the larger social context. The workbook format allows you to objectively view your situation and to take appropriate action. Stop feeling powerless; stop feeling as if there must be something wrong with you.
From Library Journal
What exactly is emotional abuse at work? After reading this book you can name it and take active steps to deal with it. The authors--Nicarthy ( Getting Free , LJ 8/82); Naomi Gottlieb, a social work professor; and Sandra Coffman, a psychologist--define this problem through vivid accounts of the experiences of women of all races, classes, and sexual orientations. An abuse of power from managers and co-workers includes name-calling, invasion of privacy, public humiliation, and harassment. Women who have excused, hidden, or accepted such abuse are asked to evaluate their work situation and themselves to discover why they tolerate abuse in the workplace and possibly at home. Ways to confront abuse include organizing co-workers, initiating personal note-taking for legal action, and informing personnel and higher-level managers. This book motivates and informs women of their rights and power in the workplace. Highly recommended.
- Demetria A. Harvin, New York
Copyright 1993 Reed Business Information, Inc.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Robert A. Shaines
Author of "Command Influence" a book soon to be published and dealing with another hostile environment in the military workplace
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Business Life
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Labour & Industrial Relations
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Unemployment
- Books > Business & Investing > Processes & Infrastructure > Workplace
- Books > Business & Investing > Women & Business > Personal Finance
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Mental Health > Abuse & Self Defence > Sexual Abuse
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Gender Studies
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Women's Studies
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics > Labour & Industrial Relations
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics > Unemployment
- Books > Self-Help > Abuse