Young Mathematicians at Work: Constructing Algebra Paperback – Nov 1 2010
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Catherine Twomey Fosnot is the Founding Director of Mathematics in the City and former Professor of Education at The City College of the City of New York. She has twice received the "best writing" award from AERA's Constructivist SIG and she was the recipient of the "young scholar" award by Educational Communication and Technology Journal. She is the lead author of the Contexts for Learning Mathematics series as well as the Young Mathematicians at Work series.
Bill Jacob is a Professor of Mathematics at the University of California, Santa Barbara. In addition to his mathematical research, he develops and teaches courses for pre-service teachers. He is coauthor with Catherine Fosnot of Young Mathematicians at Work: Constructing Algebra and has been a collaborator with Mathematics in the City for twelve years.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books
- Books > Education & Reference > Schools & Teaching > Instruction Methods > Mathematics
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Mathematics > Pure Mathematics
- Books > Science & Math > Mathematics > Pure Mathematics > Algebra
- Books > Textbooks > Education > Elementary Education
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Mathematics > Algebra & Trigonometry