Your Amazing Body: From Headaches to Sweaty Feet and Everything in Between Hardcover – Aug 1994
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Gr. 5-7. Allowing one or two pages to each malady, Hanson introduces such little-discussed but worrisome bodily functions as bad breath, blinking, body odor, dandruff, gas, and vomiting. More benign conditions such as daydreaming, goose bumps, and hiccups are also covered. The author gives the why and how of each ailment as well as some suggestions about what to do if you are afflicted. Pencil illustrations that range from adequate to good add information or humor. Ready-made for young adolescent audiences and just the ticket for reluctant readers. Brief glossary and bibliography appended. Ilene Cooper
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Health
- Books > Children's Books > Science, Nature & How It Works > Anatomy & Physiology
- Books > Medical Books > Basic Sciences > Physiology
- Books > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Anatomy
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Basic Science > Physiology