- Product Dimensions: 7.3 x 7.3 x 25.1 cm
- Shipping Weight: 204 g
- Item model number: SM-SA60-BA
- ASIN: B00HYOGUM2
- Date first available at Amazon.ca: March 8 2014
- Average Customer Review: 484 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #1,901 in Home (See Top 100 in Home)
Compare Offers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
ZOJI Zojirushi SM-SA60-BA Stainless Steel Mug, 20-Ounce, Black
- Stopper disassembles for thorough cleaning
- 20Oz. Capacity with 1-1/2-inch opening
- Compact design takes minimal space while maximizing capacity
- New pictograph lock
- 5 year warranty on heat retention
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Size : 20-Ounce | Color Name: Black
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Take coffee to go in this vacuum insulated travel mug from Zojirushi. Made from black stainless steel, it features an easy to clean nonstick coated interior. Perfect for keeping coffee and tea hot or cold, its vacuum sealed insulation makes it especially suited for places where microwaves or refrigerators may not be available. The tight fitted pictograph lid keeps beverages hotter or colder than average travel mugs while the safety lock prevents the lid from opening accidentally. In addition, the light weight and compact design takes minimal space while maximizing capacity. Best of all, it comes with a five year manufacturer's warranty on heat retention.9-9/10" diameter x 2-4/5" H, with a 20 ounce capacity
From the manufacturer
Vacuum insulation provides superior heat retention--your beverage stays hot or cold for hours.
A special manufacturing technique was used to make the body ultra-lightweight and compact.
Zojirushi flip-open lids are designed to release and hold, then flip open. This 2-step lid release allows condensation on the lid gasket to fall back into the mug instead of splattering.
Lid completely disassembles for easy and thorough cleaning.
Air vent on the mouthpiece allows beverages to flow out smoothly, without gushing or overflowing.
Safety lock prevents the lid from opening accidentally.
Nonstick coated interior makes cleaning easy.
All surfaces that come into contact with your beverage, including the lid and 18/8 stainless steel interior, are BPA-free.
† Zojirushi America Corporation warrants only the thermal insulation of certain vacuum insulated products against defects for a period of five years from the date of original retail purchase. Product must be used within the US and Canada.
What is vacuum insulation?
Vacuum means the air between the outer and inner layers of stainless steel has been removed to create a vacuum insulation. It blocks heat from transferring through air (conduction). Zojirushi vacuum insulation also features a copper or aluminum layer tightly wrapped around the outside of the inner stainless steel layer. This copper or aluminum layer reflects heat (radiation), further minimizing the temperature change of your drink. Lastly, heat is blocked from escaping through the opening (convection) with a tightly closed lid.
Zojirushi Corporation began operation more than 90 years ago with the launch of its first glass-lined vacuum bottle - setting an industry standard for new vacuum insulation technology in an everyday household product and firmly establishing itself as a company which uses cutting edge technology to bring comfort, ease, vitality and affluence into the lives of its customers worldwide.
Zojirushi is dedicated to offering a new generation of products that exemplify ease, affluence and style in its three main business areas: Cooking appliances, food and beverage preservation and amenities for both home and industry. It will continue to offer attractive products that cater to modern needs based on its guiding philosophy - to improve customers' quality of life through innovative technology - into the 21st Century and beyond.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- Sleek thin design. Honestly, I really like the design of this mug, it is super compact and would fit any size coffee or latte you throw at it (hopefully you're pouring it and not throwing it though).
- Good materials used. This is a huge plus for me as the black version comes with a matte-like build. This is great as it doesn't attract fingerprints and is easy to clean. No idea how long the paint will hold, but so far its been great.
- Good cold/heat retention. I mostly use this for hot coffee, as I have a larger container for water, and it's been able to keep my coffee as hot as I when I pour it in for about 4-6 hours. I haven't been able to test it for longer as I finish my coffee within that time frame. But I notice no temperature change between when it is poured to when the 6-hour mark hits. (note I only open the lid when taking a sip and close it afterwards)
- The locking mechanism is a plus. This is an added bonus you get, you can put this in your bag and know for certain it won't open. It's a great feature.
- Lid stay in place feature. So this isn’t mentioned but I thought it should go on here. You can see in the video once you open this it automatically goes to a “stay in place” spot where it won’t be hitting your face. It’s a small touch, but it’s trully one handed and simple. I love this about it
- Cleaning is a bit of a hassle. The way the lid is designed makes this bottle a bit of a hassle to clean as you need different tools to clean it completely and to clean it well. This isn't a huge con, I got used to it quickly and do not mind cleaning very much. But if you like things simple and straightforward this may not be the one for you. I got the oxo water bottle cleaning set that was recommended with this and it has been a saviour and makes some of my other cleaning easier too (link in case it isn't up anymore: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B008HMF9LS/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1)
- A little bit pricey. This was a big one for me as there are much more options for a lower price range. I ended up choosing this for the 20 oz size which i did not find many other options for. Are there cheaper options? yes. Is this worth it though? I think so.
I will have to wait and see how this holds up in the long run. I have not dropped it yet, I'm not hoping to, but I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will hold up its shape in case. I will be updating this if I get any issues with the lid closure, paint or anything else. If not updated safe to assume (if I'm alive and well) that this is still my daily driver as far as coffee companion goes :)
Hope you found this helpful.
I've owned a few different brands of travel mug's. The last one was a Contigo, and none of the come close to the Zojirushi ones.
I filled my mug with coffee around 6PM and it was still warn at 7AM at the end of my shift. I did only drink about half of the coffee until then, the more liquid the longer all of it will stay warm (physics).
Non-stick liner on this mug is also very nice, coffee stains come right off when I use a cloth/brush combo. The only place hard to clean is the little tube where the air flows through while drinking, I ended up using a pipe cleaner. The rest of the mug can be taken apart so cleaning is quick and easy.
Hands down the best mug I've ever purchased!
I took the 12 oz gold, beautiful colour, as pictured, high quality and durable. The body would store your medium size Tim Hortons coffee. The lock itself is on the right side and is flush with the surroundings so you know it's secure and it will be never unlocked during the travel. Once you press on the button to open the lid, it may swing it back quickly the first time, so be sure to have a hand on top to catch it and prevent it from flinging possible liquid from the rubber seal (I learned the hard way, got some onto my keyboard). The best feature about this cap is that the lid will snap back and stay locked so it will not hit your nose or face when you are drinking your beverage. The lip area dispenses the right amount of liquid to drink so it doesn't overflow. The cap and its components are easy to disassemble and re-assemble for cleaning, instructions provided in the pamphlet.
I've boiled my water to 100*C at home to make coffee and stored it from 7:30 am.
10 AM: Still piping hot, probably around 95*C, I had to leave it with the lid open (cap is not unscrewed) to let it cool so I could drink it.
12 PM: Still hot, couldn't drink it still 90*C
1 PM: Fresh coffee temperature, like when you just bought it.85*C
5 PM: Still warm, around 60*C
Absolutely impressed, I'd imagine if I left it mostly with the lid closed, it would have been hot for most of the day. I'm a fan of Zojirushi now.
The Tiger brand stainless thermos mugs are good too - but for me these Zojirushi units really are leading the pack. I've never had any other thermal mug that works this well and this easy. It's a clear winner!
Please click "Yes" if you find this review helpful!
Want to see more reviews on this item?
Most recent customer reviews