Zara and her Sisters: The Story of the World’s Largest Clothing Retailer Hardcover – Aug 18 2009
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Reviews for the Spanish Edition:
'The author of this book clarifies all legends about Zara in order to explain the key to success of a company that at first sold housecoats and later on has become the second biggest clothes seller in the world.' - El País
'Analyzing in detail the history of a company, especially if it is on active service, represents a very important action for those who have already begun to build their own businesses, work in other sectors but want to know more about other cases.' - ABC
About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
Author’s sincere efforts in writing this book are worth appreciating since he visited Zara’s office in Galicia Spain and met employees to get the feel of Zara’s business ambience and work culture. Author has articulated well his experience at Zara and presented important series of events which have contributed in the rise and shine of this mega retailer and marketer in fashion industry. Ortega’s entrepreneurship skills are nicely reflecting in the various sections in this book. Author has beautifully described the evolution of Zara Inditex, and its journey covering all ups and downs in past forty years.
First few chapters in the book describe the life story and personality of the founder, his family background, phases of his struggle and stepping into retail business. Next few sections in the middle of the book continue describing the initial phases in the making of Zara right from its inception in Spain. Chapter 6 focuses on the primary female customer and how behavioral changes in the society control women’s choice of clothing and accessories. This includes urban, professional, youth population and changing trends is clothing and style. Another section on market price provides the important figures about the Zara’s market shareholdings especially since 2001. The ups and downs in the market value of company’s shares and reasons behind these occurrences are clearly mentioned in this section.Read more ›
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > International
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Industrial
- Books > Business & Investing > Marketing & Sales > Marketing > Industrial
- Books > Business & Investing > Marketing & Sales > Sales & Selling
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > International > Economics
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Industrial
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Marketing & Sales > Marketing > Industrial
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Marketing & Sales > Sales & Selling
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Economics
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > International Business
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Marketing
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Sales
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences