Zombie (2-Disc Ultimate Edition) [Blu-ray]
|Price:||CDN$ 44.62 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Today Only: The Magic School Bus: The Complete Series is $25
Deal of the Day: The Magic School Bus: The Complete Series is at a one day special price. Offer valid on July 25, 2016, applies only to purchases of products sold by Amazon.ca, and does not apply to products sold by third-party merchants and other sellers through the Amazon.ca site. Learn more.
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
THE DEAD ARE AMONG US!
In Italy, it was considered the ‘unofficial sequel’ to DAWN OF THE DEAD. In England, it was known as ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS and banned as obscene. In America, it was called ZOMBIE and advertised with the depraved tag line "WE ARE GOING TO EAT YOU!" Tisa Farrow (THE GRIM REAPER), Ian McCulloch (CONTAMINATION), Al Cliver (CANNIBALS), and Richard Johnson (THE HAUNTING) star in this worldwide splatter sensation directed by ‘Maestro Of Gore’ Lucio Fulci (CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD, THE HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY) that remains one of the most eye-skewering, skin-ripping, gore-gushingly graphic horror hits of all time!
Blue Underground is proud to present ZOMBIE in a new 2K High Definition transfer from the original uncut and uncensored camera negative. Each flesh-eating frame has been lovingly restored to skull-rotting perfection under the supervision of Cinematographer Sergio Salvati (THE BEYOND). Now fully-loaded with hours of brand new Extras, this is the Ultimate Edition of ZOMBIE!
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Then about five Months ago saw it a shop for a very cheap price and straight away i bought it. And as soon as watched it thought it was excellent, the eye piercing sceene alone is very realistic and brilliant. This film only comes second to Day of the Dead. But beware the two sequels they are absolutely awful. If you like zombie films i recomend, City of the Living Dead, House by the Cemetary, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, Dead Alive and The Beyond.
First, this movie from an entertainment value from 1 to 10 is a 10 plus.
Second, this movie from a technical visibility and technical audibility release value on DVD from 1 to 10 is a 4.
Reason for the first critique: The PROS
1. Director Lucio Fulci directs a fast paced nail biter from start to finish.
2. Excellent film scoring as the music really accentuates the drama.
3. Excellent casting, the actors are solid for this type of film - no phonies.
4. Excellent locations - from New York City to the exotic Carribean where the two main characters meet up with vacationers who agree to charter their boat and take the main two characters to the island of Matool where the horror begins - you'll know why there going there as you see the film.
5. Excellent makeup effects for zombies and the gruesome and great death scenes.
6. Excellent cinematography to heighten the tension during the film.
Reason for the second critique: The CONS
1. Anchor Bay Entertainment's DVD release of this movie is poor. This critique of poor DVD quality is rare when it comes to Anchor Bay Entertainment releases as their remastered-from-the-good-old-cellar-movie reputation normally puts out excellent quality DVDs with full frame-by-frame color correction, removal of original picture blurriness, and excellent audio track remastering, but this movie somehow slipped through the cracks as perhaps there was a rush to get this movie out on DVD due to its immense popularity among gore hounds and Fangoria Magazine fanatics. The rush job to DVD certainly shows. And below are the main points to look out for on this particular Anchor Bay Entertainment release.
2. Poor picture clarity. The picture from start to finish is viewable, but not at all crisp and without blur.Read more ›
Plot is simple; Tisa Farrow plays Ann Bowles, when Ann discovers her father's boat to be abandoned in the New York Harbor her and reporter Peter West(Ian McCulloch) go searching for answers. Their search takes them to the small island of Matool where an unknown virus makes the dead stand up and walk, and of course they do much more than just walk. The plot is so simple yet extremely effective. The movie does move a bit slowly and the acting isn't very impressive but everything that makes a great horror movie is presented, creepy score, spooky elements, extreme gore and the most realistic, best looking zombies of any zombie movie I've ever seen.
This was only the second Fulci film I've seen but from seeing those two movies and reading other reviews it's easy to see a couple of Fulci's trademarks, bad dubbing and extreme gore. The killing scenes were awesome!! A big splinter through an eyeball, zombies feasting on dead woman's guts (that's pretty nasty!) and my favorite, a zombie tearing at the jugular of a woman as blood squirts out and shoots everywhere. If you haven't seen this movie yet and your a fan of horror movies add this one to your collection!!
Most recent customer reviews
A must for true hardcore zombie fans. A must for true hardcore gore fans. A must for diehard horror fansPublished 21 months ago by K. D.
It's a classic. Very well shot with memorable scenes. Plot and common sense enthusiast better beware, though.Published on July 20 2014 by Georges Fecteau
I've been waiting for a long time to watch this movie, and now I could see some scenes and the quality is very good!Published on May 29 2014 by Ivo Pontes
Love the older movies!! these new movies are full of CGI, just not the same. You'll love the high gore factor in this movie from the 80's.Published on March 30 2013 by Len denBrok