How to choose golf clothing
• The most important rule for golf clothing is that it should be comfortable. Before deciding on any clothing, make sure that it fits well and you can easily manoeuvre around in it.
• When choosing golf clothing, you’ll want to make sure that you consider all three layers to ensure you’re prepared for all conditions.
• The climate should play a large role in the style of clothing you opt for. For warmer climates, polo shirts for men and sleeveless cotton slipovers are common choices. Most golfers also opt for peaked hats so the glare of the sun doesn’t obscure their vision. In cold weather, you’ll want to ensure you have a proper mid layer to give you the thermal regulation to keep your body warm and the blood flowing.
• You’ll also want to consider buying a few pairs of golf trousers so you don’t have to wear the same pair every time. It’s not only important for them to be stylish, but also comfortable so they don’t hinder your movement. What marks out golf trousers from regular ones is the flat front, hybrid fabric for movability, as well as moisture support systems to deal with sweat.
• Ensure that you purchase the proper golf shoes as well. While you might think that any regular sports shoes will suffice, you’ll find that golf shoes are designed for golf courses and can make a great difference. Most shoes are made with soft spikes to give you added grip when taking that all-important swing or putt.