Amazon limits the addition of new sellers in the Luggage category to ensure that customers are able to buy with confidence from all sellers on Amazon.ca. The requirements for selling in Luggage reflect buyer concern for product quality, product branding, and consumer safety.
Sellers must meet the requirements listed below to apply to sell products in the Luggage category. Review this list of requirements and consult our Help pages if you have questions about specific policies. Once you have reviewed the category requirements, you can apply for approval by clicking the Request Approval button at the bottom of the page. Meeting these requirements does not guarantee that Amazon will approve sellers for selling in Luggage. Amazon may remove approval to sell in the category for failure to meet these requirements.
Sellers must have a standalone website with a shopping cart.Product Quality
• All Luggage products must be new with tags.
• We do not allow the sale of irregular, seconds, or used products.
• All products must meet North America product safety standards.Authenticity
• All products must be authentic. Sellers may not sell counterfeit or knock-off products.Required Documentation
• When requesting approval to sell in Luggage, sellers must submit a complete list of brands that they plan to list. For private label products, sellers must indicate whether or not they are the sole manufacturer of the private label brand.UPC Exemptions
• All major brands must have UPCs. Partial UPC exemptions may be granted by Amazon for private label brands. For information on the Luggage UPC exemption policy and a downloadable list of the brands that require UPCs, please see the Luggage UPC Exemptions Help page
• All listing data and images must be suitable for all ages and appropriate for our global community. Listing data and images may not depict or contain nudity or pornographic, obscene or offensive items
• All products must be sold as listed. Buyers must be able to complete all aspects of ordering and purchasing a product using only the Amazon platform. We do not allow custom listings that would require buyers to communicate with sellers before or after the purchase to receive the product they want.
• Sellers must review Seller Central listing guidelines and follow Amazon listing standards for any product sold on Amazon.ca.
• Sellers must appropriately and accurately classify their products.
• Sellers must submit product titles, bullets and product descriptions that are clearly written and assist the customer in understanding the product.Variations
• Clothing items that come in multiple sizes or colors must be set up in a variation relationship. If you are only carrying one size, you are still required to create a variation with a parent SKU and list the buyable item on a child SKU.
• Learn more about Creating Parent/Child Variation Relationships
Images have a direct impact on a customer's purchasing decision. Adding accurate, high-quality product images is an effective way for you to increase customer confidence and improve your sales. All product listings must meet Amazon site-wide image standards. Sellers must review the image guidelines below, and all images they upload must conform to these guidelines:Minimum image requirements for listing products in the Amazon Luggage Store
• Background must be pure white, with a high quality image that truly represents the product being sold
• Images uploaded must be at least 1001px on the longest side with an aspect ratio of 190px:246px
• The product should make up 85% of the image frame and only depict the actual product to be purchased
• Main images should be provided for both parent and child SKUs
• All color variations must include a child SKU main image representative of that specific color and size
• Product must be shot flat or on a model
• Main images must be of the front of the product and, if on a model, the model should be standing
• Main image must match the gender of the department where the product is listed (i.e., female image for womens products and male image for mens products)
• Images must be appropriate for all agesProhibited images in the Amazon Luggage Store
• Colored backgrounds or lifestyle pictures
• Product images on a mannequin
• Borders, watermarks, text, logo, color blocks, or other decorations
• Brand tags or packaging in any of the images
• Sketches or drawings of the product
• Main images of the back of the product
• Main image with model sitting or lying down
• Main image with a duplicate or twin alternate pose
• Stacks of products or images containing multiple products
• Other products, items, or accessories that are not part of the product listing
• Image place holders, such as, "temporary image" or "no image available"
• Images containing graphs of product ratings
• Promotional text, such as "sale" or "free ship"
• Size charts, delivery zone maps, or any graphic not related to the product