Armored Core V - PlayStation 3 Standard Edition
- Featuring mechs or "Armored Cores" that are smaller in scale than in previous games, ARMORED CORE V centers more on tactics and effectively utilizing the geography of a level rather than just relying on attacks.
- Up to 10 players can play online simultaneously in 5-on-5 cell match-ups
- The ability to create smaller mechs of smaller sizes, allowing for greater speed and manueverability
- Upgrade and customize from 500+ items such as head piece, core, arms, legs, and weapons
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Product detailsPlatform for display:PlayStation 3
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Language : English, English
- Rated : Teen
- Product Dimensions : 15.24 x 15.24 x 2.03 cm; 136.08 Grams
- Release date : March 20 2012
- Manufacturer : Namco
- Place of Business : WEST LINN, OR, 97068 US
- ASIN : B004NRN5D0
- Item model number : 11052
- Customer Reviews:
PS3 ARMORED CORE V
Top reviews from Canada
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
They replaced the radar of every other AC games with a scan mode, which turns your screen an even shade of blue, and then you gotta find the blue outlines over the blue background textures in which case a blue square will appear around it.
And you have to do this all the time, against tiny stuff far away, and it's very important because it tells you what you need to actually do against the specific opponment.
In short, I wasn't just colorblind, I was BLIND. Seriously, game designers, there's been a trend lately about games that are impossible to play for colorblind people... stop it!!
*****ALSO VERY IMPORTANT*****
If you are from north-america (like Amazon.ca) and they tell you that the only new ones they got in stock is from the UK... they will send you the european "region-locked" version of the game. It'll be hell to patch it and you might get some network issues.
Top reviews from other countries
I love the controls. I'm seeing lots of reviews where people are just complaining about the way the ACs move in Armored Core V. In past AC games, it was possible to boost jump high into the air. Now you have to depend on buildings and other structures to jump off of in order to get to higher places. Another change is the way weapons are used. You can no longer use back weapons. If you want to use a weapon that's strapped to your back, you have to switch it to your arm. You can do that by pressing triangle and L2 or R2 simultaneously. Even with these changes, the game is still fun. If anything, it gives it a more realistic feel. The Graphics aren't amazing. Don't expect anything like Killzone 2/3 or the Uncharted series, but they are pretty good. About what I expect from an AC game.
It's somewhat difficult to write a review for something that's this involved. I have to wait and see what the online gaming is going to be like. But, so far, what From Software and Bandai Namco set up here is damn near perfect. Give it a chance, will ya?
If you want to join a group with experienced and new players alike, look up Team "Wild Arms" on the PS3 version.
Xbox LIVE: Torch Bearer