countdown boutiques-francophones Beauty Home Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools
Profile for Lesley > Reviews

Content by Lesley

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Lesley

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Rada Cutlery W212 10-Inch Bread Knife with Stainless Steel Resin Handle
Rada Cutlery W212 10-Inch Bread Knife with Stainless Steel Resin Handle
Price: CDN$ 13.65
3 used & new from CDN$ 13.65

5.0 out of 5 stars the small teeth work better than the large ones on normal bread knives, May 15 2017
Exactly what I needed! I make all our bread, and slice it using a guide to keep the slices even. The guide is too wide for ordinary 8" knives, making the slicing difficult. This 10" knife makes it much easier. It cuts well too; the small teeth work better than the large ones on normal bread knives. It's even a good price! I recommend it.

Daxwell Embossed Food Preparation Poly Gloves, One Size Fits All (Box of 500 Gloves)
Price: CDN$ 4.37
4 used & new from CDN$ 4.37

4.0 out of 5 stars But mostly they work fine, especially as liners inside thick latex gloves to ..., March 2 2017
These are as advertised. My only criticism is that the cuffs are not long enough and the one-size-fits-all is rather large, so the gloves tend to slip off in use. But mostly they work fine, especially as liners inside thick latex gloves to keep the smell off my hands. The price is good too. I'll order them again when these run out.

Sarson's Gravy Browning - 150ml
Sarson's Gravy Browning - 150ml
Offered by JMO Online UK (Jalpur Millers) 8-12 Days Delivery
Price: CDN$ 9.29
4 used & new from CDN$ 3.25

5.0 out of 5 stars but it's fine, exactly what I needed, March 2 2017
This is not Crosse & Blackwell's, which is the only gravy browning I've even seen before, but it's fine, exactly what I needed. It arrived on time, and it makes gravy look lovely without affecting the taste.

Neutrogena Lip Moisturizer SPF 15 (Pack of 6)
Neutrogena Lip Moisturizer SPF 15 (Pack of 6)
Offered by Positive Health
Price: CDN$ 24.65
3 used & new from CDN$ 24.65

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm quite happy with my purchase, Feb. 3 2017
This is the only lip balm that is truly fragrance-free and flavour-free and contains a sunscreen. So it's the only one I can use. It's been getting more expensive lately, but getting six at a time reduces the price, and shipping was free. I'm quite happy with my purchase.

Green Cricket 100 % Natural Fragrance Free Conditioner 500 ml  500ml
Green Cricket 100 % Natural Fragrance Free Conditioner 500 ml 500ml
Price: CDN$ 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for sensitive skin, May 20 2016
This conditioner works beautifully! I have sensitive skin and I'm allergic to many perfumes. This conditioner really is fragrance-free, unlike most toiletries that make that claim, so my skin doesn't react to it and I'm not left sneezing all day. I don't use shampoo, just conditioner. This one cleans my hair and leaves it feeling soft and manageable. It's a great price too! I recommend it for anyone with sensitive skin.

My only criticism, a very minor one, is that the pump is not very efficient.

Bestform Casual Value Womens Cotton Unlined Bra with Satin Trim, Wirefree, White, 36C
Price: CDN$ 11.97

3.0 out of 5 stars Fit not too good, May 20 2016
This bra is cotton, as advertised, and it's a really good price. But the fit is all wrong. I ordered my usual size, and even on the last set of hooks the band is too large on the brand-new bra. I can still wear it, but I would much rather have a smaller size band with the same size cups. Apparently that exists, but Amazon don't stock it. So I've had to buy a more-expensive one of a different brand from Walmart, knowing that it fits. In a bra, fit is by far the most important thing. This one is reasonably comfortable, but there's the uncertain feeling of too-large a band, and being too large means that it doesn't support very well and leaves sore, red marks on my shoulders. I suggest ordering a band size smaller than your usual one.

Ammex PGLOVE-500 Food Service Poly Gloves, Latex Free, Disposable, 1 mil Thickness, Powder Free, Medium, PGLOVE-M-500-BX (Box of 500)
Price: CDN$ 7.72

3.0 out of 5 stars smell-free and easy to use, May 5 2016
These gloves are fit for purpose, in that they're cheap, disposable, non-allergenic, smell-free and easy to use. Bu they're too short on the wrists. They would work better if they were a little longer and a little narrower.

Cuisinox Super Elite Glass Cover, 14 cm
Cuisinox Super Elite Glass Cover, 14 cm
Price: CDN$ 27.78
2 used & new from CDN$ 26.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better! My only criticism is that the rivets holding ..., May 5 2016
We had two small saucepans without lids. Now we have two small saucepans /with/ lids. Much better!

My only criticism is that the rivets holding the handle on are aluminum, not steel, so that the lids can't go in the dishwasher. Otherwise, these lids are fine.

BLACK+DECKER B2200 2lb Breadmaker, White
BLACK+DECKER B2200 2lb Breadmaker, White
Price: CDN$ 89.99
5 used & new from CDN$ 63.98

5.0 out of 5 stars which still works fine after all these years, April 24 2016
I have been using this brand and model of breadmaker for many years. It works very well and it's cheap. They last a long time, but eventually the teflon starts coming off the breadpan, or the seal fails, and the pan has to be replaced. This time it cost almost the same to buy a whole new machine, and Amazon makes a lot less hassle about it than getting a replacement pan from other places, so I bought the whole thing. I'll keep the old one, which still works fine after all these years, as a spare or in case I want to make two loaves at the same time.

I use it to make the dough alone, then prove and bake it in a regular bread pan and the oven, so I don't use the breadmaker's heater to bake the bread and I don't know if that works as well as the rest of it (probably does). For making dough it's perfect, and I'm very happy with it.

Allersoft 100-Percent Cotton Dust Mite and Allergy Control Queen Pillow Encasement, White
Price: CDN$ 19.00
8 used & new from CDN$ 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, Feb. 27 2016
These pillow-protectors work as advertised. They contain whatever dust-mites and other allergens may be present in your pillow, without making you sweaty since they're not waterproof. You can wash them every week along with the rest of your bedding, and still have the protection of the closely-woven fabric.

I recommend them.