countdown boutiques-francophones Beauty Furniture Kindle sports Tools
Profile for Jennifer K. > Reviews

Content by Jennifer K.
Top Reviewer Ranking: 832

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Jennifer K. (Alberta, Canada)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
YMING Women's Casual Long Sleeve Basic Solid Loose Tunic T-Shirt Dresses Dark Blue 4XL

1.0 out of 5 stars Zero Stars If Possible, July 30 2017
I wrote a review about this dress a few days ago, but it was removed... so... uh... I guess I missed a memo.
To sum up my previous review, I ordered this dress.
I ordered a 3 XL, thinking it might be a 2 XL (since a couple of reviewers mentioned sizing was on the small side), received a 4 XL (which looked maybe 1 XL), but the long sleeves were a small-medium size.
So, to recap, in my personal experience, the long sleeves were sized extremely small (as in 5 or 6 sizes smaller) and the dress was sized about 3 sizes smaller.
I couldn't find a label inside the dress, but it didn't feel like cotton.
The colour of the dress looked accurate, if it matters. However, if I could rate the dress zero stars, I would. Because of incredibly off sizing, no labels, and the fact the fabric felt like polyester.

3M Garnet Sandpaper, 9-Inch x 11-Inch, Assorted-Grit, 5-Sheet
3M Garnet Sandpaper, 9-Inch x 11-Inch, Assorted-Grit, 5-Sheet
Price: CDN$ 4.13
9 used & new from CDN$ 3.61

5.0 out of 5 stars True Grit, July 29 2017
It's thin (which I wanted for smoothing/light sanding of dried clay projects), has no chemical odour, does the job, and at a great price. Works for me :)

X-Acto Z-Series No.1 Precision Knife with Cap (XZ3601T)
X-Acto Z-Series No.1 Precision Knife with Cap (XZ3601T)
Price: CDN$ 5.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Not For The Squeamish, July 29 2017
Although my long history with razor knives is at times a gorey and bloody one, there are times when you need to use a Really Sharp Blade.
When one of my relatives (the one who has taken me to get stitches before) finally released me from my long standing "no-X-acto blades, no-razor knives" promise, I ordered this beauty before she changed her mind.
Being alone, phone ringer turned off, in the evening when there was less chance of someone knocking on my apartment door, I carefully gave this knife a try and was impressed. It's not nearly as clumsy as a utility knife or carpet knife (what I consider razor knives), and I happily gained some much-needed confidence with it.
It exceeds my wants and needs for a blade that lets me easily cut paper (even card stock) patterns and designs (burr-free). It has a nice weight, and has a round handle (I think a triangular handle might've been nicer, but oh well).
But oh my freakin' turnips it's sharp! Be sure you have bandaids, antiseptic, ice cubes (in case you have to keep anything cold on the way to the hospital... like a fingertip), and a gassed-up vehicle (with driver) if your hands shake a bit or you lack confidence with a blade this sharp.

3M Scotch 3/4-Inch Low Tack Artist Tape, White
3M Scotch 3/4-Inch Low Tack Artist Tape, White
Offered by -Supermart
Price: CDN$ 7.78
14 used & new from CDN$ 5.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Sticky Situations, July 29 2017
I like the lower tack (lack of excessive stickiness) this tape offers. I want paper to stick to another sheet or to another surface without ripping layers off the paper when I remove it. I've had no trouble removing this tape from computer printer (cheap, white) paper, better quality art paper, and (about 50% of the time) I can even get it off tracing paper ("onion skin" paper) without tearing the paper.
I don't use it for painting, as it wouldn't stick well enough to prevent paint from seeping underneath.
I don't use it for holding stencils in place on greeting cards, but I might try it... if the price of the tape would go down instead of up. Lol.
I use it when sitting at a desk, not outdoors or with a fan blowing. It's not like regular scotch tape or cellar tape. If you need to keep something secure (like taping an envelope shut), then this isn't the tape for you.

EK Success Tools 4-Pack Decorative Scissors
EK Success Tools 4-Pack Decorative Scissors
Price: CDN$ 7.99
13 used & new from CDN$ 7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars So Far, So Good..., July 29 2017
I like the variety of cuts this package of scissors offers, I like the price, and I like the size of them. One pair seemed dull at first, but after I cut through a few layers of aluminum foil, they were nice and sharp and ready for paper.
I wouldn't cut more than one sheet at a time (especially not card stock or heavier weight paper), but if I'm careful to not drop these scissors, they may last (I hope) for years. If I felt they were more durable, I'd give them 5 stars.
I wouldn't recommend them for use by children, but perhaps by older children who would be gentle with them (such as not dropping them on the floor or cutting wads of paper or locks of hair or standing on them or doing the finger whirl and accidentally sending them flying across the room... normal things that happen to things kids use).
I use these scissors for making greeting cards, doing some edging on handmade paper I've made (they don't cut thicker paper well), cutting out gift tags, and trimming printed photos for use on greeting cards. So far, so good. So good, so far.

EK Success Tools Craft Tweezers, New Package
EK Success Tools Craft Tweezers, New Package
Price: CDN$ 9.98
13 used & new from CDN$ 8.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Serious Tweezers, July 29 2017
I've used my pair for crafts, card making, removing splinters, and more. They're very powerful (strong) tweezers, so be careful what you catch in them (like skin), and the tips are sharp enough to puncture a finger pad and draw blood. (Speaking from experience).
Everyone who has seen my pair has wanted their own, and I've given several pairs to friends and relatives.

Martin U-5005 Museum 18-Inch by 18-Inch Clipboard
Martin U-5005 Museum 18-Inch by 18-Inch Clipboard
Price: CDN$ 20.39
7 used & new from CDN$ 20.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems Good... so far, July 29 2017
Like another reviewer, the first clipboard was damaged (one corner smashed in), even though the shipping box was in perfect condition.
However the replacement looks fine, and the large size makes it perfect for holding large sheets of drawing paper.
The metal clip seems a bit flimsy, but I'll update this review in a few months or a year (or sooner if the clipboard or clip bites the dust) and write something then about how it's lasted over time and with use.
Like another reviewer mentioned, the elastic seems kind of limp and worn, but I don't plan on using it, so it doesn't matter to me.

Scor-Pal 1/8-Inch X 27-Yards Scor-Tape
Scor-Pal 1/8-Inch X 27-Yards Scor-Tape
Offered by -Supermart
Price: CDN$ 6.69
13 used & new from CDN$ 4.63

5.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Tape for crafts, July 29 2017
Just the right amount of sticky. Sticks wonderfully well for making greeting cards.
Sticks great to paper, including heavier weight paper and card stock, lighter papers like tissue paper, even thin cardboard, and cut-out decorations.
It's not a nightmare to remove (on heavier weight paper or card stock, at least) if you make a mistake. But as sticky as it is, it's easy to peel off the plastic protector strip on each side, which puts this tape miles ahead of the competition.
I've tried several widths of this tape. Love it. Always keep several rolls on hand.

Quayside Publishing QU-386 Quarry Books-The Art of Paper Quilling
Quayside Publishing QU-386 Quarry Books-The Art of Paper Quilling
Offered by more_for_u
Price: CDN$ 13.50
49 used & new from CDN$ 13.19

4.0 out of 5 stars A Solid 3 Stars, A Very Shaky 4 Stars, July 29 2017
The book has a few different ideas, but has a lot of ideas that have (I reckon) been lifted from this book (2006) for newer publications by others I happened to read first, so it seemed to me there wasn't much new or unique material in the book (until I looked at the publication date).

While I like the ideas and some of the patterns in this book, I was extremely disappointed by the poor, smudgy, blurry quality of the pictures in this book. I can't call them photos as they don't really seem like photos and are so blasted blurry, which doubly sucks because between the smaller size of many of the pictures and the blurriness of the pictures, most details are lost. As in how the heck can you *SEE* the patterns or details or ideas to admire them or to be inspired. You can't. Very, very disappointing, and makes no sense to me.

I was also disappointed not much history of quilling was mentioned. While there was (for example) a brief mention of an extraordinarily beautiful gift (a box covered with quilling) apparently given to I believe it was Queen Victoria, there was no photo. It's supposed to be in a museum.
I don't know... would it have been so incredibly tough to get a photo of it and include it in the book? It wouldn't be a big deal, except this is about the seventh book I've read that's mentioned this museum piece, but nobody put a photo of it in their book. Someone, at some point, over more than a hundred years must've taken a photo of it. As for Google, I got about 47 milion partial hits, as I don't know the name of the piece, or which museum it's in. But I guess it's just as well this book didn't include a photo of the box. It would've been to small and/or too blurry to see.

Sunlight Lemon Laundry Detergent Bar, 2x130 Grams
Sunlight Lemon Laundry Detergent Bar, 2x130 Grams
Price: CDN$ 2.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product... but a warning..., July 29 2017
This product smells good, works well on stains, however... the instructions: "Wet Fabric, Rub Bar on Stain, Rub In and Wash with Laundry Load" can be interpreted as wash with the bar of soap, as in toss the bar into the load of laundry. And if you do misinterpret these instructions... omg the mess!!
On the up side, your walls and floor and washer will be sparkly clean afterwards. But... omg what a mess to deal with.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20