countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports tools Registry
Profile for Barb > Reviews

Content by Barb

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Barb

Page: 1 | 2
Noble Formula Zinc Cream - Pyrithione Zinc (ZnP), 4 Oz (120ml), Especially Formulated for Relief of Symptoms of Psoriasis, Eczema, Lichen Planus, Seborrheic Dermatitis and Other Hyperkeratotic Skin Conditions
Offered by TopGoodsCA
Price: CDN$ 23.53
5 used & new from CDN$ 23.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Really worked for me and a little dab goes a long way, June 2 2016
I've had flaky, peeling skin on my forehead for years. Shampooing my hair would aggravate the condition, no matter what kind of shampoo I used. I went through a bout of scalp psoriasis plus a scalp wart last year and even the prescription medication & medicated shampoos didn't do a thing for my forehead. Dandruff shampoo & conditioner with p/z were useless, probably because of the low concentration of p/z. I tried all kinds of creams, exfoliation, etc. and nothing worked. I had quit applying makeup above my eyebrows as it made the condition look more obvious. I saw these creams (Pyrithione Zinc plus the Hydrocortisone one) and as they were a 2/1, thought I'd give them a try. Three weeks later, my forehead's almost clear. As you're not supposed to use hydrocortisone for more than 7 days, especially around the eyes, I find the Zinc cream, applied 2x daily, does the job and a little goes a long way.

Nice not to have a dandruff-y forehead and eyebrows after all these years.

Hayward SP0714T Pro Series Vari-Flo Top-Mount Control Valve, Black, 1-1/2-Inch-FIP
Price: CDN$ 128.45
5 used & new from CDN$ 113.02

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a bargain, June 2 2016
Best price I could find for this unit in Canada, a real bargain considering it includes shipping & HST. Perfect replacement for my old, worn out unit. Comes complete with clamps & "O" ring for filter, filter glass & pressure gauge. Just connect your lines, tighten the clamps and it's good to go.

Sony ICF38 Portable AM/FM Radio (Black)
Sony ICF38 Portable AM/FM Radio (Black)
Offered by E-TRONIX
Price: CDN$ 47.99
8 used & new from CDN$ 31.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the basics and that's what I wanted., May 11 2016
Bought this to replace my 10-year old radio on which all the buttons & slide controls were stuck. This is about 2/3 the size of the old radio and only has one speaker, but I love it! It doesn't have all the bells & whistles (alarm, Short Wave, TV band) of the old radio, but I rarely used those features. It's just what I want for company when sitting outside or working in the yard. I like that it has a power cord which can be folded inside the unit and battery backup for power outages as well as a tone control. The folding handle makes it convenient for carrying in & out of doors. It took me a while to decide on which radio to order but I'm glad I picked this one.

C Crane Co CWF CC WiFi Internet Radio
C Crane Co CWF CC WiFi Internet Radio
Offered by C. Crane Co
Price: CDN$ 197.26
3 used & new from CDN$ 197.26

4.0 out of 5 stars Couple of minor annoyances, Jan. 25 2016
I'd give this radio 5 stars but for two annoyances: No "sleep" button on the radio itself (you have to scroll through the settings every night to set) and the cheap quality remote. The remote itself works fine, it's just the chintzy quality. It should have a backlight so other than memorizing the buttons or having to turn on a bedside lamp, one could navigate the buttons in the dark. There isn't even a "blip" on the "5" button to orient one's fingers in the dark. And the overlay looks like it's starting to delaminate from the remote itself. On the plus side, no night-time glare from the display, unlike my old Sanyo and a much smaller footprint taking up less real estate on my night table. Connection to my Reciva account was super-fast and the setup was much quicker & easier than with its predecessor. Also changes presets much, much quicker so a bonus there. I'm left wondering, given the difference in price ($50 +/-) I shouldn't have opted instead for the Ocean which appears to have the very same features.

12 Pcs. (3x4) E-Cron Toothbrush heads, Replacement for Philips Sonicare ProResults. Fully Compatible With The Following Philips Electric ToothBrush Models: DiamondClean, FlexCare, FlexCare Platinum, FlexCare(+), HealthyWhite, 2 Series, EasyClean and PowerUp
Offered by E-Cron Canada
Price: CDN$ 37.99

4.0 out of 5 stars An affordable alternative - can't tell the difference, Dec 29 2015
I was buying the Sonicare refills at Costco but the price has gone up to $49.95 + 13% HST for 6! Yikes! That's when buyer resistance kicked in and I starting looking for a more economical alternative. I decided to try these based on Amazon's reviews. I've got the first one of the E-Crons on my brush right now and after a week of use, can't say I've noticed any difference .

Optional K-cup Coffee Paper Filter for Ekobrew Single Serve Filter (300 Count)
Optional K-cup Coffee Paper Filter for Ekobrew Single Serve Filter (300 Count)
Offered by canFly
Price: CDN$ 23.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes your refillable pods competitive with K-Cups, Dec 29 2015
These have made using the Ecobrew & similar refillable pods practical. Before, one was stuck with trying to dump the grounds out of the pods, a messy chore. I'm on a septic system so rinsing out the pods under the faucet is not an option. Now I just pop the lid and dump the contents into the garbage. No mess, no plastic, just a bit of grounds stuck to the lid which easily cleans off. I bought the 300 pack & when I run out, will certainly buy them again. I agree with a previous reviewer that the filters slow down the brewing process which makes for a stronger coffee. I had become discouraged over the quality of brew using refillable pods and had gone back to buying K-Cups. Not any more!

Whole House FM Transmitter 3.0
Whole House FM Transmitter 3.0
Offered by UrbanInspirations
Price: CDN$ 232.79
4 used & new from CDN$ 232.79

3.0 out of 5 stars Great while it lasted, Aug. 9 2015
Revised Review Aug. 13: This unit worked great when I first bought it early 2013 to broadcast from my internet radio to other radios in the house as well as outside. Unfortunately,the display has failed (o readout) so I'm unable to adjust any of the settings. I bought this based on the rave reviews on amazon.com. My only conclusion is that I got a lemon.

At the time I bought this radio from TAW-Global's website, the price was US $125 so factoring in the exchange rate, probably around CD$135. As I didn't purchase an extended warranty, according to TAW, I'm out of luck. They refuse to replace the defective unit. So $60/yr pro-rated.

Correction: My earlier review stated that the unit was dead, implying that it wouldn't transmit. My error - I had it plugged into the wrong radio outlet (red-faced face-palm).

Orei HD-102 1x2 1 Port HDMI Powered Splitter Ver 1.3 Certified for Full HD 1080P and 3D Support One Input to Two Outputs (Black)
Price: CDN$ 29.99
11 used & new from CDN$ 27.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I'd found about this sooner, Nov. 8 2014
Bought this to share my Bell TV satellite signal between my LR & kitchen TVs. My previous setup was HDMI to the main tv & coax running from the Bell receiver to the kitchen TV which always produced a crappy picture plus a delay in sound/picture in the kitchen. Replaced 40' of coax with HDMI ($$$ - the cost of this splitter is the least of it). Finally no audio/video lag - used to sound like an echo chamber when both tvs were on. Both tvs have excellent audio/video quality - absolutely no degradation on either.

COD(TM) Screen Protector Film Matte Clear (Anti-Glare Anti-Fingerprint) for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 T3100 (3-pack)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Application, Jan. 30 2014
I applied this to my Samsung Tab without a problem. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to apply. The few tiny bubbles were easily smoothed out with my finger. The matte finish doesn't darken the screen, unlike a similar product (not COD) I had used on another tablet. You'll still get some glare from lighting, but it does the job as advertised. I'm satisfied and would buy again.

ACE Protective Leather Case Stand Case For Acer Iconia Tab A100 Tablet PC
ACE Protective Leather Case Stand Case For Acer Iconia Tab A100 Tablet PC

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Fit, Oct. 30 2012
Just as the previous reviewer stated, this cover is a perfect fit. I use my tablet primarily as an e-reader and this cover makes it much more comfortable to hold for extended periods.

Page: 1 | 2