countdown boutiques-francophones Beauty Furniture Kindle sports Tools
Profile for m safft > Reviews

Content by m safft

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

m safft "gr8dane" (toronto, ontario Canada)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Mission
The Mission
Price: CDN$ 16.79
8 used & new from CDN$ 16.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Styx on a mission >, June 23 2017
This review is from: The Mission (Audio CD)
What a nice surprise we got here.Styx making a concept album about the first manned mission to Mars. If you were not a fan of Styx before,I am sure this won't change your mind.But if like me, you were along for the ride in the 70ies,this is a fantastic album.For me the Equinox-Pieces of 8 were fantastic.(Also love the Wooden Nickel era.). There is only one pumping rocker like Miss America and Queen of Spades,the 2 minute scorcher Gone Gone Gone and no sappy ballads like Babe and such.Everything in between here and very well produced and sounding excellent. Harmonies galore,lots of guitars ,heavy drumming and great keys.The sound of Styx is alive and well.I am not going to do song for song here,there is always you-tube for sampling. I really hope they will play this whole album on tour.It's absolutely worth it. Welcome back boys.

Don Matteo: Set 1 [Import]
Don Matteo: Set 1 [Import]
Price: CDN$ 46.88
5 used & new from CDN$ 32.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Feelgood murder mystery., July 23 2015
This review is from: Don Matteo: Set 1 [Import] (DVD)
Terrence Hill is Don Matteo, a priest with an ability to see the things, that the police misses.He is always in the right place (or wrong), at the right time. He clears the innocent ,who is convicted of murder,finds the real culprit and makes them admit their guilt.Pretty much the story line in the 4 seasons I have seen.
But what saves this show is the characters.The 2 main police men are fun when they nag one another, and sometimes hilarious.The 3 people living at the place of Don Matteo are slightly eccentric .There is great scenery and townscapes.And Terrence Hill is Terrence Hill.
Show is in Italian with subtitles.

Little Girl Lost
Little Girl Lost
by Richard Aleas
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: CDN$ 7.99
21 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Hard Case Crime., May 15 2012
Came across this series a few years ago.Made a hobby of tracking these down.
Found about 15 of them and 14 were great and one so so.
Little girl lost is in my top 3 for sure.I am not gonna write a review,since the ones here are quite allright.
If you like this series ,you really must read this one .So sorry,no review,but only support.
Very nice work Richard Aleas.Thank you.

Live in Denmark 72
Live in Denmark 72

4.0 out of 5 stars Please allow me to brag., Aug. 31 2003
This review is from: Live in Denmark 72 (Audio CD)
This concert was my first ever(Lived in Denmark then).I somehow managed to drag my mom along or I would not have seen or heard this.It was truly a brilliant show and our ears were ringing for a week after.This recording is a bootleg of sorts and therefore not up to the same standard of Made In Japan,which must be one of the top 5 metal live recordings ever.This is a recording of the first or second time they played Machine Head live .The trax are somewhat different than they would be in Japan,but the quality of this recording sounds like a boot,but performance is top notch.So if you know Made in Japan note for note like I do,I welcome the different versions.

Offered by USA_Seller_4_Canada
Price: CDN$ 74.37
4 used & new from CDN$ 42.49

3.0 out of 5 stars These are the times .(for the New Styx)., July 26 2003
This review is from: Cyclorama (Audio CD)
Thank you for not putting out Grand Illusion Part 2.Thank you for being you.Carry on chaps.

Offered by USA_Seller_4_Canada
Price: CDN$ 74.37
4 used & new from CDN$ 42.49

3.0 out of 5 stars These are the times .(for the New Styx)., July 26 2003
This review is from: Cyclorama (Audio CD)

Bloody Buccaneers / Face It
Bloody Buccaneers / Face It
4 used & new from CDN$ 354.70

4.0 out of 5 stars Looky here , what a package,what a deal., Aug. 25 2002
Bloody Buccaneers is a very good cd,and Face It is a great cd,for the price of one.Nice.Temporary Madness is the most hypnotic song since the Moontan days.Rest of Buccs is a solid effort.Face It is pure rock'n roll Earring style,without a weak track,with Legalize Telepathy being the stellar track of this one.If you kind of like GE but have not got any in a while due to not knowing what to get,this is a very solid package.They are definitely on a roll here.

Road Island
Road Island
Offered by TUNESUS
Price: CDN$ 23.04
4 used & new from CDN$ 23.04

4.0 out of 5 stars Ambrosia with alittle more edge., July 1 2002
This review is from: Road Island (Audio CD)
This is quite a different Ambrosia we got here and not worse for that.There is only one ballad as such,and the rest is more hard and edgy.You gotta admire them for being so diverse between albums released.Still the high quality as I am used to though.

A Dry Spell
A Dry Spell
by Susie Moloney
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
29 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Maybe between 3 and 4 *'s., June 9 2002
This is not bad at all.This could be a story for x-files without
Sculler and Moldy.Paranormal and kind of dreamy.Good for the cottage or such thing.I enjoyed it.

Frantic
Frantic
Offered by Fulfillment Express CA
Price: CDN$ 14.04
37 used & new from CDN$ 2.31

4.0 out of 5 stars That's more like it., June 7 2002
This review is from: Frantic (Audio CD)
I love Roxy Music,but I can't get any new Roxy Music.I love Bryan Ferry,but not as much as Roxy Music.I know,,,,Bryan Ferry was Roxy Music,but with a lot of input of Manzanera,Mackay and
Thompson ohh yeah and Eno.Frantic is the closest to a Roxy Music
cd I can get,bless you Bryan.This album could be a Country Life,
which I happen to like a lot.There is 2 songs here that don't quite cut it, but hey.Hmmmmmm time to push repeat.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3