countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools
Profile for Carrie F. Davisson > Reviews

Content by Carrie F. Davisson

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Carrie F. Davisson "wendoleeen"

by Cynthia Rylant
Price: CDN$ 5.93
107 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 oinks for Poppleton, March 22 2000
This review is from: Poppleton (Paperback)
This book is wildly funny. My son, who is in kindergarten and just started reading, adored it. He's read all of the Poppleton books now and hope they keep coming. Extremely original and entertaining (Even for Mom!) I think the reviewers missed the boat on this one. Brevity is the soul of wit, and here's proof.

by Cynthia Rylant
Price: CDN$ 5.93
107 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 oinks for Poppleton, March 22 2000
This review is from: Poppleton (Paperback)

Martin Eden
Martin Eden
by Jack London
42 used & new from CDN$ 0.30

5.0 out of 5 stars In my personal top ten, Jan. 6 2000
This review is from: Martin Eden (Paperback)
This book is on my top ten list of favorite books; it is painful and wonderful at the same time, and I have passed it on to many of my friends. I think that reading this book is a tremendous way to get into someone else's psyche and help us understand other ways of thinking, and to help us re-evaluate our own. If you don't know anything about Jack London, you will be compelled to find out more about him, and to read more of his work.

by J.K. Rowling
55 used & new from CDN$ 3.24

5.0 out of 5 stars More, more, more!, Jan. 2 2000
When you're into a series, you expect the quality to decline at some point. Azkaban doesn't do that at all, in fact it exceeded my very high expectations. My 38-year-old husband and I raced through all the books, and we've read them to our six-year-old as well, who thoroughly enjoyed them too.
I can't believe I have to wait another seven months to spend time with Harry, Ron and Hermione! To the critics-Bah Humbug! The violence is not excessive, the wizards are both good and bad(Hmmm, just like us!). In fact the best thing about the books is that they're about children who we can see ourselves in. These books get some children (I know one!) to read who never read before, and they simply make you feel great.

by J.K. Rowling