countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools
Profile for Poetkitty > Reviews

Content by Poetkitty

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Poetkitty (Victoria, British Columbia)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Retseliney Best Acne Face Wash & Oil Control, Acne Treatment for Face with 2% Salicylic Acid, for Teens, Adult & Hormonal Acne, Clear Blemishes & Acne Scars, Organic Facial Cleanser for Men & Women
Offered by Retseliney LLC
Price: CDN$ 27.93
5 used & new from CDN$ 27.93

2.0 out of 5 stars The product itself was very astringent and I would not recommend it to anyone with sensitive skin, July 5 2016
I've never experienced such eye irritation - my eyes stung without any product actually getting in them! The product itself was very astringent and I would not recommend it to anyone with sensitive skin. I threw it away and did not persevere with it.

Brief Candle in the Dark: My Life in Science
Brief Candle in the Dark: My Life in Science
by Richard Dawkins
Price: CDN$ 21.88
37 used & new from CDN$ 7.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a good read! Such a charming, June 2 2016
Such a good read! Such a charming, interesting and sweet man! If you've read the James Herriot series, this is similar in the tone - charming, very funny, very human! Anyone could enjoy this, and if you're particularly scientifically inclined, so much the better.

Better Than Before: Mastering the Habits of Our Everyday Lives
Better Than Before: Mastering the Habits of Our Everyday Lives
by Gretchen Rubin
8 used & new from CDN$ 5.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Great advice, gently given, Sept. 29 2015
This is the style of 'self help' book I like. Full of personal anecdotes and get real advice. She doesn't suggest we all go out and be 'the best possible you!' ad nauseum, but she talks about identifying your own tendencies and working to make small changes. She talks about 'failure' in a positive light - 'this new habit wasn't worth the effort, so I decided to let it go!'. How refreshing is that!!? I felt an affinity for her even though our tendencies are clearly different: she's an upholder, and I'm a rebel! This advice is very accessible and down to earth. And she presents it in a gentle manner. I would highly recommend this book.

iPad 3 & 4 Case, Snugg™ - Smart Cover with Flip Stand & Lifetime Guarantee (Red Leather) for Apple iPad 3 and 4
Offered by The Snugg CA
Price: CDN$ 69.98

5.0 out of 5 stars very happy with it, March 21 2015
Bought this for my daughter and she's very, very happy with it. It does everything that a Ipad case should do!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Thanks for a great finale to an amazing series, March 21 2015
This isn't as sparkling as the other books in this series, and I think it's intentional. The protagonists have become young adults and life isn't as neat and tidy as it often appears through a child's eyes.This seems, at times, a little dreary, a little wayward, a little forced. Part of the problem is most of the action takes place outside of Hogwarts, and I consider Hogwarts as a character unto itself. Without giving anything away, this is a necessary and for me at least, ultimately satisfying wrap up to this great series. Rowlings catches all the threads and ties things up, keeping to her themes of love and sacrifice.

Think: Why You Should Question Everything
Think: Why You Should Question Everything
by Guy P. Harrison
Price: CDN$ 16.20
26 used & new from CDN$ 8.91

4.0 out of 5 stars Hone Your Skepticism Skills, March 11 2015
Knowing how prone we human mammals are to thinking biases is a very useful thing to know. Harrison provides great examples on how to toughen up our skills in skepticism. A great companion book for all my books on humanism, atheism, and other similar studies.

Jane Eyre (2011)
Jane Eyre (2011)
DVD ~ Mia Wasikowska
Price: CDN$ 5.97
24 used & new from CDN$ 3.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Flat flat flat!, Feb. 10 2015
This review is from: Jane Eyre (2011) (DVD)
I have 3 versions of this movie and I'm watching this on Netflix right now. My biggest frustration is the lack of faithfulness to the dialogue in the book - which is excellent. What a shame to omit and truncate so much, when Bronte excelled at the banter between the two leads! This lack of banter, the flatness of their conversation, the monotone voices, the lack of animation in general does little to make us believe these people could fall in love. This is a love story. And while the setting is pretty, the costumes good, some cinematography excellent, if the love isn't there, then it's pointless. The best version, by far, is the 1973 version with Michael Jayston and Sorcha Cusack. That version is faithful to the novel, and what it lacks in modern appointments, it makes up for in the absolute tone and flavour of the story.

The Grand Budapest Hotel (Bilingual)
The Grand Budapest Hotel (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Ralph Fiennes
Price: CDN$ 4.88
20 used & new from CDN$ 1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A quirky and fun ride!, Dec 18 2014
I think you have to get on board for something quirky right off the top or you won't enjoy this much. If you do quirk well, then you'll love this!

National Geographic Concise Atlas of the World, Third Edition
National Geographic Concise Atlas of the World, Third Edition
by National Geographic
Price: CDN$ 23.02
36 used & new from CDN$ 15.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Excellent!, Dec 15 2014
This is exactly what I was looking for - easy to use, read, and decipher! This atlas has it all, but if you want an atlas just to learn the basics, this is ideal! The price-point is amazing too! I would have gladly spent twice this to have such a useful, well organized, and pretty atlas. Something every household should have, I think, and not the old, outdated, cumbersome horrors we used to have!

Masterpiece: Mr. Selfridge Season 2 (U.K. Edition)
Masterpiece: Mr. Selfridge Season 2 (U.K. Edition)
DVD ~ MASTERPIECE: MR. SELFRIDGE - SEASON 2
Price: CDN$ 28.86
28 used & new from CDN$ 11.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive!, Dec 11 2014
Just a rollicking, fast paced good time! I watched this on Netflix and it was impossible to watch only one episode at a time. I think season two is better than the first season, with a more compelling story{ies} line, more suspense and the characters more fleshed out. While we are interested in the characters, the mercantile backdrop is so interesting as well. And throw in a war and some scandal and it's a lot to take in! Interesting, compelling and absolutely addictive!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9