countdown boutiques-francophones Luxury Beauty Furniture Kindle sports Tools
Profile for Doug W. Murray > Reviews

Content by Doug W. Murray

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Doug W. Murray

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Pressure Drop: The Definitive Collection
Pressure Drop: The Definitive Collection
Offered by thebookcommunity_ca
Price: CDN$ 145.49
5 used & new from CDN$ 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I was reading a piece on Richards and he mention ..., Nov. 23 2015
I was reading a piece on Richards and he mention these guys. I do remember them but wasn't paying much attention back then. They are a worth while listen.

Crosseyed Heart
Crosseyed Heart
Price: CDN$ 12.88
39 used & new from CDN$ 8.13

5.0 out of 5 stars this is a wonderful listen. I really like his older laid back ..., Nov. 23 2015
This review is from: Crosseyed Heart (Audio CD)
Always a fan of Richards, in spite of some of his craziness, this is a wonderful listen. I really like his older laid back style but throwing in some true old Stones sounds as well.

Ploughman's Lunch and the Miser's Feast: Authentic Pub Food, Restaurant Fare, and Home Cooking from Small Towns, Big Cities, and Country Villages Across the British Isles
by Brian Yarvin
17 used & new from CDN$ 18.82

4.0 out of 5 stars Plough, Sept. 10 2015
I've used this book in the Assisted Living facility I manage and it has done us well. It takes a lot of people back to when they were young. Yet the book can easily be used for anyone.

High on the Hog: A Culinary Journey from Africa to America
High on the Hog: A Culinary Journey from Africa to America
by Jessica B. Harris
12 used & new from CDN$ 6.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Hog, Sept. 10 2015
Dated and limited but a good read. I love books that have a unique historic twist to them. I'd recommend to chef and reader alike.

Fried Chicken
Fried Chicken
by John T. Edge
20 used & new from CDN$ 24.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Chicken, Sept. 10 2015
This review is from: Fried Chicken (Hardcover)
Good recipes. Doing fried chicken for me has never been an easy task. I don't know why as I can do well with almost everything else. This book helped.

Alphabet Juice
Alphabet Juice
by Roy Blount
Price: CDN$ 27.50
31 used & new from CDN$ 1.61

4.0 out of 5 stars Juice, Sept. 10 2015
This review is from: Alphabet Juice (Hardcover)
Interesting way of looking at it all. Entertaining yet educational. I like the book.

Lucky Peach Issue 16
Lucky Peach Issue 16
by David Chang
Price: CDN$ 17.77
37 used & new from CDN$ 8.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Chang, Sept. 10 2015
This review is from: Lucky Peach Issue 16 (Paperback)
Always a good read. Kinky and odd but real and worth the trouble. I have every issue so far and always look for the next one with anticipation.

Massimo Bottura: Never Trust A Skinny Italian Chef
Massimo Bottura: Never Trust A Skinny Italian Chef
by Massimo Bottura
Price: CDN$ 45.70
59 used & new from CDN$ 40.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Skinny Italian Chef, Nov. 16 2014
I usually ignore these "Coffee Table" style books especially by world renown chefs because of the ingredient availability and the cost. However, I would recommend this book to anyone. It is a well written story of Bottura's rise to being one of the best restaurants in the world.
The ingredient list and preparation are still going to be a serious challenge to the average chef (after all Bottura has Michelin stars) but it is well worth the price. I have read it through a couple of times and even tried some of the less complex recipes. They worked!
It is a worthy buy.

Doug Murray

Lucky Peach Issue 12: Seashore
Lucky Peach Issue 12: Seashore
by David Chang
Price: CDN$ 16.36
20 used & new from CDN$ 9.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Seashore Review, Sept. 14 2014
Your article "Shell Station" is worth the price of the magazine. But so are most of the articles in this edition.
It is always great to see Bourdain back. Beach Town is another great contribution to this months rendition of the bounty of the sea. (Anthony Bourdain directed my attention to Mitcham's Creole Gumbo and all that Jazz, for which I will be forever grateful).

Another great edition. Entertaining and a wonderful way to pass time during my current knee replacement surgery (blast, grrrrr, s*** and all those things). Never race motorcycles when you're young then expect to survive unblemished and functioning in a commercial kitchen when you get older.

I recommend getting the whole series of Lucky Peach and keeping up with them. You'll get hooked, just like I am.

I Can Wonder What You Did with Your Day
I Can Wonder What You Did with Your Day
Price: CDN$ 18.85
17 used & new from CDN$ 9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I like the album but haven't been convinced to get more ..., Aug. 12 2014
I was drawn to this artist through the use of one of her songs in a commercial. So I bought it. I like the album but haven't been convinced to get more yet. I think I will though as her tunes get a hold of you and grab.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20