countdown boutiques-francophones Beauty home Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools
Profile for Frances > Reviews

Content by Frances

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Frances (Canada)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
FENCES (Sous-titres français)
FENCES (Sous-titres français)
DVD ~ Viola Davis Denzel Washington
Price: CDN$ 19.88
5 used & new from CDN$ 19.88

5.0 out of 5 stars I have to admit that I found it hard to get into at first, took me a few minutes, but once I did, could not stop watching, April 4 2017
It was about an everyday couple struggling through hard times and trying to work it through, especially what it was like back in the 1950's when things were tough let alone for a black family. They had their struggles, demons and tragedies.
A two hour movie, and yes as some of the reviews mention, all dialogue, no action. One review suggested that it was too much like a staged production turned into movie - don't know how you can sit through two hours of a staged production and not handle a two hour movie with dialogue?
Yes, I did have a hard time getting into it initially because because it was all dialogue, not suspense or action packed, and it was centered around their house, not a heck of a lot of scenery. But once you got past the initial shock of not being used to this style of movie, it got better!

Cambridge 59806 Limited Perforated Colored Pads, 8.5x11-Inch, Wide Ruled, 3 Pack, Blue
Price: CDN$ 9.19
4 used & new from CDN$ 9.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Actually a nice color, April 4 2017
and the typical Cambridge quality

Queen Of Katwe (Bilingual)
Queen Of Katwe (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Madina Nalwanga
Price: CDN$ 19.88
2 used & new from CDN$ 19.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Good movie based on a true story about a girl being helped to rise above the slums, April 4 2017
This review is from: Queen Of Katwe (Bilingual) (DVD)
and it was interesting to see another way of life that made me appreciate my own. Sometimes people need just a little push to start thinking out of their box, and not everyone is willing to take the help but this girl did. Refreshing story about a girl who rises above her situation with the help of someone who genuinely cares, and not because of a fairy tale Cinderalla story!

Avery Perforated Business Cards for Laser Printers,  2" x 3-1/2", White, Matte Coated, 250 Pack, Rectangle (5371)
Avery Perforated Business Cards for Laser Printers, 2" x 3-1/2", White, Matte Coated, 250 Pack, Rectangle (5371)
Price: CDN$ 12.99
4 used & new from CDN$ 12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I usually get the Ivory (5376) and am disappointed in myself more than the product, March 16 2017
I didn't think that it was white rather than Ivory which is why one less star since I like the "not so stark" look of the Ivory over White. But not a big deal I suppose, I can always download 5371 from Avery, they are good like that

The Book Thief (Bilingual)
The Book Thief (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Geoffrey Rush
Price: CDN$ 5.00
15 used & new from CDN$ 3.74

3.0 out of 5 stars it was some time ago I borrowed this movie, March 7 2017
This review is from: The Book Thief (Bilingual) (DVD)
It did not stand in the back of my mind as my favorites but was okay

Ladies in Lavender (Parfum de lavande) (Bilingual)
Ladies in Lavender (Parfum de lavande) (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Judi Dench
20 used & new from CDN$ 2.94

3.0 out of 5 stars I expected more intense acting with two strong leading lady actresses, March 7 2017
although it was not a bad movie, just expected more emotion

Churchill's Secret
Churchill's Secret
DVD ~ Michael Gambon
Price: CDN$ 29.99
18 used & new from CDN$ 22.85

3.0 out of 5 stars borrowed this movie because Michael Gambon and Tom Courtenay were in it, March 7 2017
This review is from: Churchill's Secret (DVD)
so expected more but found it a little slow. They were both in Quartet and liked it enough to own it, though my sister wasn't overly fond of that movie, about the same as I am of this one. I've seen Michael Gambon in a few movies that started with Amazing Grace that I found absolutely fabulous! the acting in Amazing Grace was exceptional with a lot of seasoned stage actors projecting into the characters.
In this movie. the facts were not over the top or over done so that was good.

Suffragette
Suffragette
DVD ~ Carey Mulligan
Price: CDN$ 14.99
9 used & new from CDN$ 9.45

3.0 out of 5 stars not the worst movie I've seen, but expected more, March 7 2017
This review is from: Suffragette (DVD)
anger, fighting (verbal and such) or highly emotional which is what I expected the movement to be made of. Amazing Grace was based on true events and boy did they act in that movie, you could tell they were seasoned theater people, this one was okay but did not have the punch and pizzazz that Amazing Graces had

The Man Who Knew Infinity
The Man Who Knew Infinity
DVD ~ Dev Patel
Price: CDN$ 14.88
5 used & new from CDN$ 14.88

3.0 out of 5 stars I originally watched because Anthony Calf and Toby Jones were in it, and was an interesting story line based on true events, March 7 2017
This review is from: The Man Who Knew Infinity (DVD)
It was a good movie and reminds me of a time where some people did not always treat others too kindly because of their background or were not in the "elite" society. It is a shame that a mans life was cut so short that could have contributed more to society

Genius (Bilingual)
Genius (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Colin Firth
Price: CDN$ 20.00
4 used & new from CDN$ 16.51

4.0 out of 5 stars Good movie, showing the struggle and torment that even creative people go through, March 7 2017
This review is from: Genius (Bilingual) (DVD)
But I liked The Kings Speech better for some reason. This wasn't bad though.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20