countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry
Profile for A. Browne > Reviews

Content by A. Browne

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

A. Browne (Mississauga, ON CANADA)

Page: 1 | 2
AUKEY Mini 5000mAh Portable Lipstick-Sized Charger External Battery Power Bank with AiPower Adaptive Charging for iPhone 6S, 6 , 6Plus, Galaxy S7 , S7 Edge, Edge+, Note 5 and more - Blue
Offered by Aukey Direct
Price: CDN$ 59.99

Skechers Women's EZ Flex 2 Fashion Sneaker, Black, 8.5 M US
Skechers Women's EZ Flex 2 Fashion Sneaker, Black, 8.5 M US
Price: CDN$ 85.00
3 used & new from CDN$ 56.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Light and great for my feet walking all day!, Feb. 3 2016
Amazing. Best shoes for my job ever.

Star Trek: Enterprise: The Full Journey - The Complete Series [Blu-ray]
Star Trek: Enterprise: The Full Journey - The Complete Series [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Scott Bakula
Offered by Deal Beat
Price: CDN$ 138.50
6 used & new from CDN$ 124.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, Jan. 18 2016
This was a gift and the recipiant was thrilled and has been enjoying.

Jaybird REIGN Advanced Activity Tracker, L/XL - Retail Packaging - Black
Jaybird REIGN Advanced Activity Tracker, L/XL - Retail Packaging - Black
Price: CDN$ 158.53
3 used & new from CDN$ 158.53

4.0 out of 5 stars Glad I got it, Nov. 21 2015
I'm really liking my Reign. The original band kept coming apart so I'm using the sport band instead which is actually lighter if not quite as pretty. The original band fell off twice. The second time was in my work parking lot and when I found it the next day the band was mangled because it had been run over but the activity tracker heart has kept working! My history sometimes lags a few days but otherwise works well.

10k Yellow Gold Diamond Accent Freshwater Cultured Pearl Drop Earrings (10.5-11 mm)
Price: CDN$ 102.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, June 26 2015
Beautiful and elegant. Very well made

Frasier: The Complete Series
Frasier: The Complete Series
DVD ~ Kelsey Grammer
Price: CDN$ 160.03
4 used & new from CDN$ 159.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Frazier!, Dec 26 2011
This review is from: Frasier: The Complete Series (DVD)
Miss funny TV that's this smart and lovable. Amazing to have the whole show for our own! Nothing even close to this on TV now.

HardCandy Pen and Stylus for iPhone, iPod, iTouch - Silver
HardCandy Pen and Stylus for iPhone, iPod, iTouch - Silver
Price: CDN$ 38.49
3 used & new from CDN$ 38.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointment, Feb. 11 2011
I'm returning this. The pen is nice but the stylus has to be held straight up and pushed hard to write with, which is too slow and too awkward so not useful. It's OK if you just need the stylus to use to push buttons to make your phone or tablet more accessible or if you were wearing gloves, but bad for hand writing, which was why I want a stylus.

The Great Kapok Tree: A Tale of the Amazon Rain Forest
The Great Kapok Tree: A Tale of the Amazon Rain Forest
by Lynne Cherry
Price: CDN$ 8.95
38 used & new from CDN$ 2.35

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, Jan. 29 2011
After reading all the great reviews here, I was excited to get this as one of my child's Christmas presents.
The artwork is amazing, but the story is dry and uninteresting to my 5 year old who loves nature, trees, animals and Diago. I thought this would be a slam dunk. It's a wide margin miss especially because the man just ups and walks out, rather than trying to do something to stop the destruction. We finished the book thinking, "They're just going to send someone else to cut it down!" Too bad.

Honey, I Wrecked the Kids: When Yelling, Screaming, Threats, Bribes, Time-outs, Sticker Charts and Removing Privileges All Don't Work
by Alyson Schafer
21 used & new from CDN$ 0.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't be put off by the title!, July 7 2009
I'm also a HUGE fan of Alyson's parenting approach (as anyone who knows me will attest).

Love the content of the book. Not quite as easy to read as her first book, Breaking the Good Mom Myth, but the content is even better! Especially love finally getting some great specifics about age appropriate responsibilities and how to introduce and run family meetings.

When I first read the title I laughed and thought it was clever. I was eager to share this with my girlfriend who's looking for some great help but she didn't find the title funny at all. She's so stressed out and upset about the problems she's having being the parent she wants to be that she seems to have taken the title as another hit on her self esteem. And when I thought about it, it was an unusual title for Alyson to pick as she's all about encouraging and not shaming or blaming your kids so why would the title be so off message. Anyway, I wanted those of you, like my girlfriend, who might feel down about the title to know that if you get the book and get past the cover, the contents will help you from day 1.

Good luck!

The Sneaky Chef: Simple Strategies for Hiding Healthy Foods in Kids' Favorite Meals
by Missy Chase Lapine
Price: CDN$ 17.78
91 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Toddler eatting with enthusiasm, Jan. 29 2008
My son is not a big eater. He never sad been and although he does eat and love veggies I've found that he kinda loses interest quickly if there is a lot of different things on his plate. I never push him or comment on what he has eaten and look at what he's taken in over a week rather than in one day but since I've started cooking these recipes... wow! Yesterday he ate the quick fix macaroni for the first time and asked (and finished!) a whole second bowl. He's loved everything we've given him more than the regular food I still sometimes serve (and so does my husband). Great addition to my resources.

Page: 1 | 2