countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools
Profile for Slomacs > Reviews

Content by Slomacs

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Slomacs "slomacs" (Ontario)

Page: 1 | 2
The Cottage Bible
The Cottage Bible
by Gerry Mackie
Price: CDN$ 27.01
13 used & new from CDN$ 20.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Covers everything one needs to know about cottages., July 12 2016
This review is from: The Cottage Bible (Paperback)
Highly recommended for any cottage owner. Indispensable!

Great Canadian Cottage Puzzle Book
Great Canadian Cottage Puzzle Book
by Collins
Price: CDN$ 16.81
4 used & new from CDN$ 5.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect cottage fun!, July 12 2016
Great game book! lots of variety of puzzles. Cottage recommended!!

Great Canadian Cottage Colouring Book
Great Canadian Cottage Colouring Book
by Paul Covello
Price: CDN$ 11.28
10 used & new from CDN$ 11.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Cottage Colouring., July 12 2016
Bought one for the cottage a few weeks ago. I have to admit I'm not a colouring fan but I can't resist anything specifically for the cottage. It was great for the kids when we had a rainy day (haven't had that many this year) - love that we can detach the pages and put on the fridge.

The Crazy Game: How I Survived in the Crease and Beyond
The Crazy Game: How I Survived in the Crease and Beyond
by Clint Malarchuk
Price: CDN$ 9.90
18 used & new from CDN$ 1.55

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read, Nov. 16 2014
Extremely honest account of one man's struggle with mental illness. I have to admit there are some jaw-dropping incidents in this book that will leave you numb but it's definitely worth the read.
Although the author is best known for the infamous hockey incident where his neck is slashed open (which you can find easily on You Tube ((I couldn't watch it))), I think (and hope) that he will be better known for his courage to write this powerful, groundbreaking book!

Our Daily Bread
Our Daily Bread
by Lauren B. Davis
Price: CDN$ 13.89
19 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST book of the YEAR, April 25 2012
This review is from: Our Daily Bread (Paperback)
Without a doubt, this is the best book I've read in the past 12 months. Such great writing, an incredible story and characters that jump off the page. I highly receommend it.

Not Suitable For Family Viewing
Not Suitable For Family Viewing
by Vicki Grant
Price: CDN$ 14.84
11 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic fun read., Aug. 15 2011
I could not put this book down - hilarious and sooo entertaining. If you want to fill an afternoon with a fun, fast-paced and smart read, pick this book up.

Before I Go To Sleep
Before I Go To Sleep
by S J Watson
Price: CDN$ 19.77
52 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping from beginning to end, June 17 2011
This review is from: Before I Go To Sleep (Paperback)
First let me say that this book is nothing like Fifty First Dates; the main point being that this is a thriller not a comedy. If you were to compare it to a movie, Momento would be a better choice. Yes, it's another story involving amnesia but it's good.

I read this book in one sitting. The premise is rather simple but the way the story unfolds is completely captivating: a woman wakes up each day unable to remember anything that's happened in the last 20 or so years. The story is her journal as she pieces together her life and dark secrets are slowly revealed. This is a gripping, entertaining and unputdownable thriller and should be the big summer blockbuster this year!!

Kensington KeyFolio Bluetooth Keyboard and Case for iPad 1, Black (K39294US)
Kensington KeyFolio Bluetooth Keyboard and Case for iPad 1, Black (K39294US)
Offered by UrbanInspirations
Price: CDN$ 87.73
2 used & new from CDN$ 87.73

2.0 out of 5 stars Broke within hours of using, Jan. 15 2011
I haven't had time to return this product yet but it broke within hours of using. The first time using it was fine, it worked well and I was happy with all functions. After about an hour, I noticed that certain keys weren't working and then the shift key wouldn't work. Now only a few keys work and it shuts down periodically. Hopefully it's just a dud and the replacement will work better.

Taxman Is Watching
Taxman Is Watching
by Paul Dioguardi
Price: CDN$ 18.93
17 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Good information if you're self employed, April 29 2008
This review is from: Taxman Is Watching (Paperback)
I've always been nervous about getting audited so I find this book to be indispensable. The case histories are particualrly interesting and there is a lot of other valuable information throughout.

Duets: Friends & Legends
Duets: Friends & Legends
Price: CDN$ 11.08
45 used & new from CDN$ 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars If anyone can du-et, it's Anne, Dec 10 2007
As usual, Anne's voice is flawless. I especially like Cotton Jenny with Olivia Newton John, Love Song with KD Lang and You Won't See Me. Congratulations Anne on another great album.

PS - the person who gave 1 star because the album cost a $1 more in Canada - get a life. There are 300 million people in the US - it's called economies of scale.

Page: 1 | 2