countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more Coffee Week home All-New Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools Registry
Profile for #MunBRO > Reviews

Content by #MunBRO

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

#MunBRO "Adam M." (Canada)

Page: 1 | 2
VicTsing 300ml Essential Oil Diffuser Cool Mist Humidifier, Ultrasonic Humidifier Air Purifier For Home/Office - Wood Grain
Offered by VicTsingDirect
Price: CDN$ 42.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Minor ergonomic and functional issues, but still a quality diffuser., Jan. 31 2016
The quality of the diffuser is great, nice mist output and is pretty quiet (can sleep with it on no problem).

However, some minor ergonomical issues prevent me from rating it 5 stars. The bottom fed power cord is still noticeable, so I am not sure what the hope was in moving it there instead of having a side feed like less expensive VicTsing diffusers (I have 2 of those). This also means you have to plug in the diffuser first and carry the water over to it instead of filling it directly from the tap. I learned that the hard way when I filled it with wather, put some very expensive Jasmine essential oil in it and then spilled it everywhere when I lifted it to plug the cord in. Basically just a minor annoyance having to plug it in 3 rooms away and make 2 trips back and forth with the 150ml cup they provide to fill it to 300ml so you don't risk spilling expensive oils.

Which brings me to my second issue: there is no max fill line or indicator within the diffuser. So, if you fill it with the max 300ml using the measuring cup and then run it for a few hours and want to top it up again, you have no real way of knowing how much additional water you can add without causing potential damage to the diffuser.

One more minor thing, there is no one click on or off button for the lights or diffuser. You need to press through the full 14 range of options for lights and 4-5 for mist time to get either to turn all the way off.

That being said, this is definitely my favorite diffuser of the 3 I own due to the long mist time and colored changing light effect. I would reccomend these to anyone.

Safety Works Memphis CN9677S Ultra Tech White Dyneema Glove, Small
Safety Works Memphis CN9677S Ultra Tech White Dyneema Glove, Small
Price: CDN$ 12.63
7 used & new from CDN$ 12.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Best work gloves I've ever owned!, Dec 24 2015
I'm a commercial electrician and these gloves are amazing. They fit perfectly and allow me to feel what I am doing through the glove, and have the dexterity and cut resistance that allow me to work safely and effectively. Awesome! I previously owned another pair of Ninja brand work gloves which it's worth noting lasted over 3 months with no cuts or tears which is unprecedented life expectancy considering I use them for 40-60 hours a week. Well worth the money.

Satya Sai Baba Incense Collection - 25 Boxes, 21 Different - All the Satya Va...
Offered by UrbanInspirations
Price: CDN$ 59.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Great price to sample a bunch of different incense scents, Oct. 25 2015
Great price to sample a bunch of different incense scents... however I did get 3+ of the same boxes of about 4 of them so 12 of the boxes weren't unique as the product description stated. Good price for the amount of incense though.

Wild Card  [Bluray + DVD] [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
Wild Card [Bluray + DVD] [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Jason Statham
Offered by SUPER-BUY
Price: CDN$ 7.95
8 used & new from CDN$ 7.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Probably the worst Jason Statham film I've seen, Feb. 28 2015
Probably the worst Jason Statham film I've seen, and I've seen 90% of his other movies. No character relationships are explained, none of the backstory is explained (apparently Statham is supposed to be a recovering gambling addict which I learned from Wikipedia after watching). The film has a few fight scenes which are okay - but again there are better ones out there. Definitely won't add this to my Statham blu ray collection unless the price drops to $10 or less.

The Drawing of the Three: (The Dark Tower #2)
The Drawing of the Three: (The Dark Tower #2)
by Stephen King
26 used & new from CDN$ 0.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Much better than 'The Gunslinger', June 13 2014
I wasn't a huge fan of the first Dark Tower novel for a few reasons (you can check my review of it for an in-depth explanation), and I was worried to continue onto the second book in the series. Well, I worried for nothing. I really enjoyed the much more even pacing of this novel and the vivid and clear writing that sucks you right in.

Highlights of the novel for me included the first door 'into' Eddie Dean, the lobstrosities, and the shooting spree towards the end of Jack's door.

Cons were: Detta Walker's story was confusing (I STILL have no idea what bearing the plate or 'forspecial' had on the story) and it seemed like Stephen King really didn't have a good grip on the the antiquated racist language she used. I also didn't like Eddie falling in love with Susannah Dean.

Overall: a vast improvement from the Gunslinger and it made me want to see the series through to the end.

The Gunslinger
The Gunslinger
by Stephen King
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
35 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Everything in this novel needs more clear explanation, April 19 2014
I've wanted to read the Dark Tower series for some time now, so I dove in.

Pros:
1) It was short so I was done quickly.

Cons:
1) It read like a bunch of smaller stories pieced together (which is exactly the case, apparently. Originally this 'novel' was 5 separate short stories by Stephen King which he threaded together and released as a novel).

2) Nothing is explained. Stories are just related with little to no detail, backstory, or explanation. Some of the stories were interesting but no follow up or explanation after they were told left me wanting more.

3) Other reviews have stated this sounds like a badly written university fanfic - technically also true because King based this novel on the poem 'Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came' by Robert Browning which he read in university.

4) I'm nitpicking now, but it took Stephen King 12.5 years to finish this. Really? And it's still not great after being revised and expanded....

He does state that they get a lot better as they go on so I've buckled up and purchased the next 6 books to see where this goes.

I love Stephen King's work in general and am looking forward to seeing what happens next.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: The Complete Eighth Season [Blu-ray]
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: The Complete Eighth Season [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Charlie Day
Price: CDN$ 24.99
20 used & new from CDN$ 21.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Great show, great season!, Aug. 7 2013
Like most of the other reviews out there I agree this season had a couple of boring episodes (The Gang Gets Analyzed was almost unwatchable) but the rest of them completely make up for that. "The Gang Dines Out" was probably one of the top 3 funniest episodes of all time! Can't wait for Season 9.

Random Access Memories
Random Access Memories
Price: CDN$ 8.00
84 used & new from CDN$ 4.78

1.0 out of 5 stars If 0 stars was a rating, this album would get it., May 22 2013
This review is from: Random Access Memories (Audio CD)
I'm not sure how Daft Punk got so much worse after having 8 years to record this album, but they managed it. Problems I am having with it so far include:

The album t has NONE of their trademark sample usage
Whiny, crappy sounding robot voices (3 seconds with vocoder = this sound)
One song has Giorgio Moroder talking over it during the intro for 2+ minutes. Yes he is a music legend; no I don't want to hear a monologue from him haltingly spaced over a song that would have otherwise been good.
Lose Yourself to Dance would have been good if the aforementioned annoying, whiny robot voices weren't saying COME ON COME ON COME ON ad nauseam over the entire track.

And at track 6, I turned it off because I hate the lead single 'Get Lucky' and after not enjoying over 1/2 the album due to it being completely underwhelming, what's the point in finishing it?

Sorry Daft Punk, go back to your roots and produce something good like Homework or Discovery.

Meowingtons Hax 2K11
Meowingtons Hax 2K11
DVD ~ Deadmau5
Price: CDN$ 14.99
18 used & new from CDN$ 7.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Flew 3000 km for the show, won't purchase this dvd, Feb. 26 2012
This review is from: Meowingtons Hax 2K11 (DVD)
First of all let me state I am from Edmonton. I purchased a $125+ VIP ticket to this massive show in Toronto, spent $600 on a round trip flight, and $900 (split two ways with a friend) for 4 nights in Toronto all for the sole purpose of attending this show. So basic costs, not including food or souveniers, was $1175 give or take.

That being said, I WILL NOT spent $12.99 on this DVD. From what I hear about songs being cut out, overuse of crowd footage, and lack of visual footage really surprises me. I got almost his entire set with my 1080p cannon powershot elph 300 hs, and I would rather re-watch my footage on YouTube for free than give Joel my money for this.

The Hunger Games Trilogy (Box Set)
The Hunger Games Trilogy (Box Set)
by Suzanne Collins
Price: CDN$ 44.42
51 used & new from CDN$ 15.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Hard time rating!, Feb. 21 2012
I had a really hard time rating this series overall. The first two books were enthralling and I enjoyed thoroughly. SPOILERS AHEAD: Then the third novel came along and Suzanne Collins ruins Katniss' relationship with almost every other major character over the course of the novel. Peeta is kidnapped and 'brainwashed' to hate her and want to kill her. Her sister is killed off (wasn't the entire point of the series to keep her alive?) Gail supposedly may or may not be indirectly responsible for her death, and Katniss expels him from her life by the end of the novel. For some reason the writing pace changes significantly in the third novel as well. Whereas the first two were fast paced, the third one seems to drag on with a lot of unnecessary waiting around stylistic delays, and then the end of the novel is basically crammed into 3 chapters which leave a LOT to be desired. The epilogue is a joke. Several plot threads are left completely unexplained or just solved with no explanation. ("Oh hey, Peeta actually DOESN'T hate me or want to kill me anymore and we have kids now!" - totally happens and isn't really explained in the 3 page epilogue). I would give the first two books a 4.5-5/5 star rating, and would rate the third 1/5 because at least the first few chapters of the novel were enjoyable.

Overall 2/5 because I liked the first two novels, but I suggest you stop reading there and make up your own ending to the series which will surely be better than what Suzanne Collins came up with.

Page: 1 | 2